Custom Listing validation page

Hi,

I created a custom validation page for the listing for multiples reasons.

I added the block “Listing packages” on this page to let choice to user to choose or not a premium package.

At this moment, Two possibilities :

If the user do nothing, the listing is just send for validation.

If the user choose a listing package, he is redirected to the order in woocommerce.

My problem is :

If he choose a premium package, Hivepress doesn’t pass listing ID to the order.

So, the listing is not premium and is not highlighted. Moreover, I don’t have anyway to link the listing and the order to do it manually.

Do you have an idea about this problem ?

Thank you.

Hi,

Please provide more details, did you create this page using customization on your end or did you overwrite the template in HivePress > Templates?

Hi andrii,

Sorry for this late answer.

I build this page on Hivepress > templates builder.

I added “Listing package” block on the page.

As this the behavior is :

1. The user validate his listing. Then, this page appear.

2. The user can do nothing and the listing is sent for validation.

2 bis) The user can choose a premium package and pay for it. In this 2nd case, the paid package is never link to the listing previously created. This is where my problem is.

Thank you for your help !

Hi,

Please provide more details about which template you created the page for.

It’s about " Listing_Submit_Complete_Page"

Hi,

Unfortunately, it will not work this way, because during the period of displaying this template (completed), the listing is already created, if you insert the Packages block there and customers buy it, it will not be linked to the listing that has already been created, because before creating a listing, the package select package step should be displayed automatically. If you have made any customizations to remove the select package page, we recommend deleting them. Then, everything should work correctly. First, create a listing via the Add Listing form > Select Package page > successful listing publication.

Indeed, this is the basic operating mechanism of Hivepress.

I had to find another solution, because my problem is as follows:

Buying a package is purely optional.

If I use your way of doing things, users will be limited to 1 or 2 “free” listings.

In my case, I’d like users to be able to create 100 listings if they wish, and to pay for a few of them to showcase them as they see fit.

Do you have another idea for a method based on your knowledge of your tool?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

If you allow 100 listings to be published, then yes, the Select Package page will not appear until you have used up this limit. If you have other packages used only for featured status, I recommend that you separately enable this feature without using packages in HivePress > Setting > Listings > Featuring. Then, the client can click on the star opposite the listing and thus pay for the listing to be featured.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.