Date Range for listing

Hello. I need to set a date range for a listings. So that users can add a date range (front end) for their listing. I’ve checked alls the blog entries about this problem and know there is no easy solution. It only works in the search form.

I also don’t like to add the booking plugin because its actually nothing to book. The listing is just about to inform others when an event takes place.

Could you please share if there is a code i can add manually. Thanks a lot.

Hi,

This is only possible using the Bookings extension, if you do not want to use it, then it will require a custom implementation.

Thanks Andrii. Yes the custom implementation is exactly what i need. Please please can you share a css code.

Hi,

Sorry, there’s no simple code snippet for this, it would require a custom implementation. If customizations beyond the available features are required for your site, please consider hiring someone for custom work Fiverr - Freelance Services Marketplace

Hey Andri.i Thanks i tried and bought the booking extension but it still does not bring me the feature Im looking for. I just want that the customer can choose a daterange when adding a listing. Now there are extra booking settings (booking offset). But still not a simple date range to select while making a listing. First after adding a listing its possible to make changes for a calendar. For people who just wanna publish a single event (not renting something) this makes everything so much more complicated and i think honestly its also confusing. Isn’t there please any other solution with the normal date range option in the unpaid version (like the date range used for the search). Im willing to pay for it as well, if thats the reason you are not sharing any codes for the problem. Thanks a lot.

Hi,

You can try using attribute listing, but I can’t guarantee that this option will work: How to add listing attributes - HivePress Help Center

My whole question was about attribute listing. Funny you suggest this as the solution if it was actually the base of my problem. So because obvoiusly here was a misunderstanding again:

If i add a listing attribute. I can choose “date range” under search. BUT I can NOT choose “date range” under editing. Only “date”. Also with the installed plugin i still cant choose date range.

So please help me find a solution otherwise i need to ask my money back. Because this recommended plug in is right now useless for me. Thanks Andrii.

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. If you mean to choose the dates that are available for booking, then unfortunately, there is no such possibility, but this function is available on RoadMap. For now, as a workaround, you can use this feature: How to add booking restrictions - HivePress Help Center

​I hope this is helpful to you.