Disable default search page and hide categories for logged out users

HI and thank you for a great plugin!

Im running Hivepress plugin with Astra theme and Elementor.

I have two categories: CV and Uppdrag.

I want to have a page on my site where I want to show the listing search with the default filters showing for the category CV. I’m going to limit this page to logged in users with a certain user role = arbetsgivare or premium (this I do with a nother plugin for elemtor widgets).

1. Is it possible to show a search form and listings with default category CV selected and NO option to change it to include other categories? Also to show its results on the same page and not on the default Website Hosting - Mysite.com)

2. When a user clicks on the listing with category CV I want only the user with user role premium to be able to see the CV listing. Is this possible to achieve?

3. Is it possible to disable the default search result page Website Hosting - Mysite.com) so people wont be able to by pass the rules set up in my questions number 1?

Thanks once again for an awesome plugin!

With best regards,

bb

Hi,

1. Unfortunately, there’s no such feature; it would require a custom implementation.

2., 3. Please try to use the Memberships extension. You can restrict access to all listing pages (including search and category pages), single listing pages, or certain listing attributes. Also, you can restrict access to certain features, such as sending messages or submitting reviews.

Hi!

I bought the Memberships extensions but I have two questions:

1. How do I restrict something based on userrole?
  2. I want to restrict the single pages AND the attributes but it seems it’s not possible to do at the same time?
  3. Can I restrict certain categories?

Thank you for an awesome plugin!

With best regards,

bb

Hi,

1. Unfortunately, this version has no such feature, but you can use this plugin Nav Menu Roles – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org .

2. If you mean Listings attributes, then yes, only one thing.

3. Unfortunately, there’s no such feature, it would require a custom implementation.

Also, please check this topic Examples of memberships and how restrictions are given or prevented in plans - #3.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.