Do not change the price of booking if the commission is set

Hi Guys,

I have a 25% booking commission set up for my client. For the example, in Pic 1 I set the price to $60 and when I select the date the price increases $75 as the commission fee is calculcated and added see Pic 2. However, what I would like is to still show the initial price ($60) while the commission is still added behind the scene and they only see the commission feee on the checkout page which it is right now.

Maybe you can provide a code snippet I can use or point me to the corresponding template/file

I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please provide more details. Do you mean commission fee or commission rate?

Right we are only using the commission rate which is currently set at 25%.
We only want them to see the commission amount at the checkout page.

I appreciate your help.

Hi,

I see. We will consider how to improve this. Currently, there are two workarounds:

1. Add text to indicate that the amount is displayed with a commission.

2. You can also disable the calculation, but this will require a custom implementation. If you are familiar with coding, we can provide general recommendations.

Hello Andrii,

The client does not want option 1.
If you could provide some code snippet or recommendations on how to do that that would be really great.

I appreciate your help.

There are 2 possible solutions:

1. Disabling price re-calculation so only the base price will be displayed (loaded when the listing page is opened) and the final price with all the details will appear in the booking form and checkout form. It’s possible if you remove the data-render attribute from the booking form HTML.

2. Substracting the commission amount when the price is calculated in background, if you’re familiar with coding you can try doing this via the hivepress/v1/models/listing/cart filter hook, it filters all the parameters before the listing is added to WooCommerce cart (before checkout), it’s also used for the price calculation. You can add a condition to ensure that it affects the price calculation only:

if(hivepress()->helper->is_rest()){
//...
}

Hope this helps.

Thank you Ihor for your help.

Can you point me to the folder where the booking form HTML file is, please?

All we want to do is keep the price unchanged while they are making the booking ( meaning not having the commission added and at the checkout page they will see that as the service fee).

Please try following the suggestions above, you can adjust the price via the filter hook. Editing the form HTML will not resolve the issue (and there’s no plain HTML file of the booking form, it’s rendered based on the plugin’s PHP configuration) because the price is refreshed via API when any of the form fields change.

If by keeping the price unchanged you mean showing the base daily price even if the form change, I can provide a snippet for this - let me know.

Yes, Ihor. Please provide snippet.

Hello Ihor,

Any updates in regard to the snippet?

Appreciate your help. Thank you.

Sorry for the delay. It seems that it’s not possible via an external snippet at the moment, please delete likes 54-59 in this file as a temporary fix Awesome Screenshot We plan to exclude fees/extras from the real-time calculation or at least indicate these separately in future updates.

No worries Brother. It worked. I really appreciate your help.

What about the price on the booking details? We also want that to stay the same without the commission amount added (See Pic 1).

We only want the amount shown on the checkout page as the service fee ( See Pic 2)

Thank you

1 Like

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no such option, it requires advanced customization, but as a workaround, you can hide this price field: Booking Price Calculation Bug - #23 by yevhen

Thank you!

I did this and now the add on services on the listings do not reflect on the listing price.
It works for removing the commission fee but it no longer adds the extras

Hi,

Please provide more details regarding this issue (e.g., your actions step by step with screenshots, etc.). This will help us to reproduce and resolve the issue faster.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.