Expiration of listing issue

Hi,
can you please help me, have an issue with expired listings.

I setup default expiry date to 30 days. I enter new listing and after 30 days it does not disappear from search. I can still see it.

Is there any way to make it automatically not being shown on the search and change state.
The same issue is with listing being promoted…

pls help

i will add that I have added some of the listings and for some of them expiry date worked well - there was notification sent, they are in draft status and they are not shown on search.

But for some of them it didnt work… the date of expiry was different but nothing else…

Hi! If this is a test (you uploaded a listings as admin) try instead this: Register from an other email, and set a free 1 days package to check this is working or not. The HivePress is set a listings state to “draft” after it’s expired, (it use the wordpress “draft” status to hide an expired listing )this is how it works.
If you use any caching plugin, flush your cache, and your browser cache too, or open your website in a private tab to check.

1 Like

Hi, the reason for uploading listings from admin profile is that I am doing it using listing import plugin. So i import quite a lot of them and only admin has right to import listings - no other user. So is there a way to have it working when importing from admin level?

I dont believe cache is issue here- then it would only display incorrectly, here I can see being login to WP as admin that status of listings have not changed.

Hi,

If you have specified a date and it has already passed, but the listing still does not expire, then this is most likely a problem with Scheduled Actions. Please go to WP Dashboard > Tools > Scheduled Actions and check for failed actions, if there are any, try manually clicking Run on the hourly action.

Hi i dont see such option as Scheduled Actions in Tools, should I install it somehow?

Hi,

Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, ensure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

Hi,
cant do that. I have online website which is live - cant switch off all plugins. How to find Scheduled Actions in some other way? maybe some sql stmt on DB level?

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. Third-party plugins, namely their settings, can cause this. For example, WP Mail SMTP’s settings can cause this problem. I recommend checking the plugin settings in more detail.

ok, i believe i got it.

i can see hivepress/v1/events/hourly process being failed with description

2023-11-11 16:57:35 +0000
action marked as failed after 300 seconds. Unknown error occurred. Check server, PHP and database error logs to diagnose cause.

i found it in WPForms → Tools → Planned Actions, but there is no Run button.

how to fix it?

Hi,

Please try disabling the WP Forms plugin additionally. Also additionally, please check the PHP logs How to configure WordPress error logs to identify and resolve problems - HivePress Help Center

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi.

@patrykones Please send PHP logs and we will try to help you.

Andrii,
I did all what was stated in the link you sent me.

I have copy-pasted code for enabling debugging, replacing false with true + adding if WP_Debug clause. BUT, when I did it, my website crashed showing only white screen. I cant leave it that way - there are users using it.

Moreover debug.log file in wp_content was not created sho there is nothing to share with you.

what should I do now?

Hi,

Please try to view PHP logs through third-party plugins, there are links to them in the tutorial in this document How to configure WordPress error logs to identify and resolve problems - HivePress Help Center