Give customers ability to sync bookings with their calendar

I’m requesting that you allow customers (bookers) the ability to add calendar syncing to their personal calendars, if they prefer. This would ensure that bookings are not forgotten and completed. Thanks.

This feature is already available, please enable the booking sync in HivePress/Settings/Bookings and each listing will have 2 fields for importing and exporting the availability via the iCal links.

Can you give me a play-by-play of how customers will be able to access the iCal links? I was hoping that when customers access the site they would be able to sync with the listing’s calendar and it would be available by clicking on a link. Is that possible? Thanks.

If you enable sync in HivePress/Settings/Bookings, each listing will have an iCal link (it’s a common .ics format for syncing calendars). It’s a feature for vendors (those users adding listings) to sync the availability if they keep listings on different platforms, for example they can copy this link and set it in Airbnb settings (this way if someone makes a booking on the website, the dates will be blocked on Airbnb to prevent overbooking). It’s also possible to use the same link in Google Calendar, e.g. by clicking Other Calendars > Add by URL.

If you mean the calendar link for customers (those users booking listings) there’s no such feature at the moment, but thanks - we’ll consider adding it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.