Google calendar dates not populating to bookings calendar

Hi Yevhen,
I may have figured out what happened.

I have made some updates to see what happens but need to wait for a calendar update cycle to happen to be sure.

in between the time I was experimenting with calendar updates, I was also experimenting with moving the calendar from the listing level to the user level.

I just noticed that when I permanently moved the calendar functionality from the listings up to the user, the URL for the calendar changed.

I am sure this broke the link between the hivepress calendar and the google calendar and is why the updates stopped.

I will follow up once a calendar refresh cycle has completed to see if dates populate that are supposed to populate and go away that are supposed to go away.

thank you

Thank you. We will wait for your feedback.

Hi Yevhen,
It has now been 24 hours since I have put the correct URL into google settings for the hivepress calendar.
There has been no changes to either calendar:

The 02/12/2023 (8PM-2AM) date that I removed from the google calendar is still on the hivepress calendar as blocked.

the 09/12/2023booked date (booking #4510) on the hivepress calendar is still not on the google calendar.

I wonder if this could be because both of these were created before I updated the URL in the settings?

Does that matter?

Should I clear all of these test dates and create new tests now that I have the URL correct in the settings?

Hi Yevhen,
So, I went ahead and created a new event on each on each calendar this morning and neither of them have populated to either calendar.

16/12/2023, 8PM on the hivepress calendar
16/12/2023, 3PM on the google calendar

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. We have tested this feature in more detail. Yes, unfortunately, it is not available in this version yet (that is, after deleting the event from Google Calendar, there is no re-synchronization on our part, so the changes are not displayed). Still, we have added it to the roadmap and plan to release it in the next updates.

No worries Andrii. Thanks for the clarification. Glad that this is on the roadmap as it seems to be an important feature of calendar management.

One additional question about bookings as it pertains to the calendar. When a booking request appears on the hivepress calendar should it also appear on the google calendar when the google calendar syncs? or does it not qualify to sync until the booking is at a later stage? like having been paid for?

I have a booking (referenced above on 16/12/2023 8PM) that was requested nearly a week ago, accepted over 12 hours ago but has not yet been paid for and it is still not showing on the google calendar.

The blocked date/time on the google calendar (16/12/2023 3PM) is now showing on the hivepress calendar. I found the issue with this had to do with flushing the cache in wordpress after having changed the calendar from listing specific to user specific.

But the other date from the hivepress calendar is still not showing up on the google calendar after all of this time. any ideas?

Hi,

Unfortunately, Google Calendar does not have a guaranteed synchronization time, but if you have specified the import and export of URLs from both sides, the synchronization should work correctly. As for blocking statuses, you can configure them in HivePress > Settings > Bookings.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.