Header Image not displaying

Running the free version of Hivepress/Listing Hive. When I add a header image or Featured Image it does not appear.
I’ve tried this, suggested elsewhere:
“Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any). If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users, and refresh the permalink structure in Settings/Permalinks (choose any structure with %postname% if the default one is selected).”

But no luck.

Also suggested:
“If the issue persists, it likely comes from the hosting side”

It’s WP hosted on the Ionos service, a major provider. What could be the problem on the hosting side and how do I fix it?

Hi,

Please make sure you add this image step by step, like in this screencast How to add a header image to pages - HivePress Help Center
As for the hosting provider, it can block the corresponding requests, so the image is not uploaded. I recommend that you check with your hosting provider’s support for more details.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

The image has uploaded. I followed the step by step guide and added a Header image to the home page using Customise. However, it doesn’t appear on the home page. I created another page (About). The header image appears on this page… and on any other new pages that I create. So why not on the home page?

Hi,

Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

If the issue still exists, please send us a screencast of how you change this image on the home page step by step, and we will try to help.

I disabled the plugins. There’s no caching plugin. The other issue is that where the header image appears on the other pages, it appears as a thin strip. whereas if I go to a listing category page, a header image appears (related to the category) which is about three times as deep as the header image on other pages.

OK… So I created another home page. This time I can see the header image, but again it is in a narrow strip which just shows the top area of the 1600 x 800 image that I uploaded The strip gets deeper if I type more text in the title and displays more of the image! I cannot add a supporting line of text below the title. If I try to do this it forces me to create a new paragraph rather than show the text with the header image in the background.

Here is an example of how it appears.

And here

on another page

Hi,

Please make sure you add image step by step, as shown in the doc: How to add a header image to pages - HivePress Help Center. According to your screenshot, you most likely don’t have the Read More separator added, which is why the home page is not displayed as it is in the demo version.

I have very same problem. I added the image step by step following the instructions, but it does not appear at the page.

Hi,

In your screenshot, you add an image header not according to the doc. Please make sure you add image step by step, as shown in the doc: How to add a header image to pages - HivePress Help Center.

Adding the Read More separator makes no difference. Same result

And here’s the edit page. This is becoming very frustrating. I’m losing faitrh in this system if this kind of basic issue cannot be resolved.

Hi,

Your screenshot shows the wrong Read More separator. Please watch the video tutorial for more details, it shows which one you need to add.

It took a while but that has finally resolved the issue!

1 Like