Hide a certain category from listing page

Hi all,

I’m building a car dealer website using Hivepress but I’m stuck trying to make this next thing work.
I’ve got several categories for different car models (sedan, hatchback, SUV, coupé, cabriolet…).
I’ve also added a category “Sold” so that I can easily mark which cars have been sold already.

I’m now trying to make it so that when a car is being marked as ‘Sold’ it disappears from the listing page.
So basically all categories should be visible on the listing page except for the ‘Sold’ category.

I succeeded in making a separate ‘Sold’ page by adding the ‘Sold’ category to my menu.
But I can’t manage to hide the ‘Sold’ cars on the listing page… :frowning:

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

This is the website btw: https://qcars-gewelt.qcarsgewelt.com/
‘Aanbod’ is my listing page where I want to hide the ‘Sold’ cars.
‘Verkocht’ is the page where all the ‘Sold’ cars are being shown.

PS: some extra car related pictograms would be really nice too! :smiley:
e.g. rev counter, tyre, car seat, engine, turbo, shift knob, piston, CO2, …

Hi,

Unfortunately, there’s no such feature; it would require a custom implementation. But as a workaround, please check this topic How can you mark a listing as sold? - #9 by ihor

I’ve found a workaround! :smiley:

I’ve added all of my categories (sedan, hatchback, SUV, coupé, cabriolet…) to a parent category ‘Offers’.
I’ve then used Hivepress blocks to make a page that only shows ‘Offers’, which does not include the ‘Sold’ cars.

So when a car is now sold I change it’s category from ‘Offer>sedan/hatchback/…’ to ‘Sold’ and this makes it disappear from the ‘Offer’ page and become visible on the ‘Sold’ page.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.