How do you set up messages? Where do they go?

I have several questions related to RentalHive if someone can assist me.

1. For the host widget, how do I edit the following: Star rating, member since section
  2. The site I am building is for a client who has an RV rental business. They want to be able to do the following:
  • Take a DEPOSIT to book the date. Email is then sent to host for approval or denial. Then can send back to customer details to pay the full amount.
  • Offer Add-On’s to a listing (optional generator ($x per day), mandatory delivery charge (flat fee), etc)
  1. I changed the search bar on the home page to be date selection. How can I change the text inside of the search bar? (At the moment it says “dates” but I would like to add a bit to it, i.e. “Choose dates”). On this same widget, how can I change the color of the date bar? It’s blending in a bit with the background of the page.

2. How do you set up messages? Where do they go?

3. When I go to a listing, pick dates (date bar also blends in here colorwise), then click BOOK NOW, it takes me back to the home page. What am I missing here? What shortcode needs to go in a checkout or cart page?

4. Is there an option to scale up or down the site logo on this theme? There is no slider in Customize as the directions state.

For reference, the site is www.twofellasrentals.com
Password is 1234

TIA

Hi,

1. Sorry, there’s no simple code snippet - this requires advanced customizations.
    If customizations are required for your site, please try customizing it using the collection of code snippets Search · user:hivepress · GitHub and other developer resources, or consider hiring someone for custom work https://fwd.cx/hLhc73mQCD9R

1. If you want to charge an extra amount before booking and then refund it once the booking is over, you can enable the security deposit feature. To do that, please follow these steps:
  • Make sure Marketplace, Bookings extensions and WooCommerce plugin are installed and activated.

• Navigate to HivePress > Settings > Bookings section and allow sellers to set security deposit.

Now, when adding a new listing or editing the existing one, vendors are able to set a security deposit in the listing submission form.

As a result, the security deposit will be displayed under the base price when the user purchases a service or product.

1. If you want to add price add-ons to any product or service, you can enable the price extras feature. To do that, please follow these steps:
  • Make sure the Marketplace extension and the WooCommerce plugin are installed and activated.

• Navigate to HivePress > Settings > Listings > Price section and allow sellers to add price extras.

Now, when adding a new listing or editing the existing one, vendors can add price add-ons in the listing submission form.

As a result, users can select price add-ons when purchasing a service or product, which will be automatically added to the base price.

1. You can change this text using the Loco Translate plugin. Navigate to Loco Translate > Plugins > HivePress Bookings. Also, please check this doc How to translate an extension - HivePress Help Center. If you need to change the color, you will need an additional CSS snippet.

2. If you install and activate the Messages extension, then by default, there are possibilities to send messages for listings and for vendors.
    You can check these messages in your Account > Messages, but clarify, this section opens when you receive at least one letter.

3. Please make sure you set up payments correctly, please check this doc How to start accepting payments - HivePress Help Center

4. Please check the solution in this topic Limit the logo image size

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Thanks for the info!

1. I’ll work on this. Thanks!
  2. I only want the customer to pay the deposit to take the booking. The full payment is to be made by the customer directly to the owner. Any suggestions on how to override the listing price?
  3. I downloaded the Loco Translate plugin, and see Hivepress Bookings. But I see no options here to edit the search bar name. How can I change the color of the search bar?
  4. Messaging plugin is installed, but I can’t find the account tab. Thoughts?
  5. I’m getting an error with setting up payments (and Saving), But I believe that is an issue with WooCommerce and not so much your theme.
  6. Perfect!
  1. Sorry, there’s no partial payments feature yet but we’re working on it. You can charge the platform commission only, allowing users to pay the rest in person, in this case please enable Direct payouts in HivePress/Settings/Payouts.

2. Please check the translations in Loco/Plugins/HivePress (most of the strings can be found there, specific strings can be found in extensions, e.g. Loco/Plugins/HivePress Bookings). Changing colors of specific elements may require CSS customizations.

3. Please click the username in the site header, then if the current user received any messages the Messages menu item will appear in the account menu on the left (or in the account drop-down menu at the top, when you hover the username).

4. Yes, if you mean WooCommerce/Settings/Payments settings then these are implemented by WooCommerce, we rely on WooCommerce for payment integrations.

Hope this helps.

Woocommerce payments are setup correctly. But I’m still having the following issue:

When I go to a listing, pick dates (date bar also blends in here colorwise), then click BOOK NOW, it takes me back to a SHOP page. What am I missing here?

Also, Loco has no translations under Hivepress.

I’ve reached out to Woocommerce, and they stress that it is a theme issue. Looking forward to any tips you may have on getting the redirect to work correctly after “Book Now” is selected.

Please send temporary WP access to support@hivepress.io with details for reproducing this issue and we’ll check it. You can create a temporary access link using this plugin Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Done. Thank you!

Hi,

We refreshed permalinks and cleared the cache, which seems to work now.

Please check it from your side.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.