How to change icon

I did remove because of external requests and performance the font awesome icons

everything works fine but i can not edit or replace the open hours clear icon with an icon or just an X

hp-icon.fas.fa-times

this is the icon and i did try this:
i.hp-icon.fas.fa-times::before{
    content: "X";
    z-index: 990099;
    position: relative;
}

works perfect in the inspector and also this that work in front end but not admin area

table.hp-table.hp-field.hp-field--opening-hours div.hp-field.hp-field--time a[title="Clear"] .hp-icon.fas.fa-times {
    color: transparent !important;
    display: inline-block;
    background-image: url('/wp-content/uploads/icon.svg');
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: contain;
    background-position: center;
    width: 20px;
    height: 20px;
    vertical-align: middle;
}

this is the last icon i have to replace and then i am finished with the website development.
so please give ma a snippet or advice how to change / replace the clear icon or make it clickable or whatever i only need this to be working somehow again.

blady kurczak…

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but customization is beyond our support scope - it includes fixing bugs and guidance about the available features Support Policy | HivePress

If customizations are required for your site, please try customizing it using the collection of code snippets Search · user:hivepress · GitHub and other developer resources, or consider hiring someone for custom work https://fvrr.co/32e7LvY

you should really look in the Support - GeneratePress forum its public

they always give small snippets and help out and have long lasting customers
or offer paid services

i was hoping for at least pointing in the right direction since fa icons are bloat
if i miss something how to change inside the admin area…

functions.php in child theme:

add_action('admin_head', 'my_custom_fonts');

function my_custom_fonts() {
  echo '<style>
    body, td, textarea, input, select {
      font-family: "Lucida Grande";
      font-size: 12px;
    } 
  </style>';
}

found it:

add_action('admin_head', 'my_custom_fonts');

function my_custom_fonts() {
  echo '<style>
i.hp-icon.fas.fa-times::before{
    content: "X";
    z-index: 990099;
}  </style>';
}

so now it works, thank you for fixing the bugs fast and i hope you will expand service in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.