How to complete requests

Hi,
On our site we mainly use requests.
We had two orders on 29/02 and 01/03 that should be completed by today, and nothing happened.
As I read from other articles, requests need to be changed to competed manually by admin, because we are not using manual completion neither completion period. Is this correct?
I need requests to be automatically completed, there is some snippet to do that?
I was looking for this one:
“hivepress/v1/models/request/complete”
Can I do similar to what happens to bookings?
Why you don’t automatically complete requests like bookings?
Regards

Please let me know what you mean about the request completion. Requests have no such status, they can only be expired (if you set the expiration period in settings) or deleted.

If you use Marketplace, then linked orders made via the offer acceptance can be completed.

Hi,
I’m using Marketplace, and we are creating requests with due-date.
For example the offer is accepted by client, and after this nothing happen. I have to manually complete the order. Request doesn’t change the state of the order to complete, never.
This is normal?
Because I would like that my requests after 1 day of due-date, or after being done, for example I have a request for tomorrow day 6/03, on day 7/03 this order is automatically completed and is automatically paid via Stripe the order.
Do you know what I mean?
I would like that request change the state of the order after some trigger, and on requests that nerver happens, never change the state of order to complete correct?
Bookings change the state of order but requests don’t.
There is some reason for that?
Regards

If the Due Date is a custom attribute, orders will not detect it since it’s not a built-in field, there are no conditions in the code that require the Due Date.

There are a few workflows for orders. Once the order is created (when the offer is accepted and paid), it gets the Processing status (please check if payments are set up correctly in WooCommerce if there’s an On Hold status).

Then it depends on the HivePress settings, if you enabled Manual Completion, then orders get Completed status when customers click the Complete button, indicating that everything is ok and the vendor can get their earnings. Also, there’s a Completion Period in case if some customers forget to mark orders as completed, then the order is marked as Completed automatically within X days after getting the Processing status.

If you enable Delivery, then sellers have to mark orders as Delivered first, buyers get a notification about this and then can ask for a revision or mark the order as Completed. In this case, the auto-completion period is counted starting from the delivery date. For example, the seller delivers the order (marks it as Delivered), the buyer ignores the notification for X days (auto-completion period), then the order is marked as Completed automatically, and the buyer loses the right for a revision.

Please consider using one of these workflows depending on the combination of settings in HivePress/Settings/Orders.

Hi,
For us is complicated to use this flow.
First, Manual Completion, clients forget to check it.
Completion Period, for us doesn’t work because completion period starts to count when oder is on processing, on our case should be counting when order is completed, because for example, we have a request with due-date for 07/03, and it was paid 1 week before, we cannot know exactly how many days before was paid, it should be completed, it only should be completed after 2days of due-date, but we are creating a schedular to automatically mark order as completed after 2 days of due-date.
We don’t have delivery, we are selling services not products.
I think we don’t have to make many changes, just adapt some flows.
You are doing a good work.
Thanks for reply.
Regards

Hi,

Sorry, but unfortunately, there is no such feature to have everything on a specific date, we recommend that you consider using the existing feature if, for example, there is a delay in the order and then the payment is released by the date before the seller has completed or has not started work. The issue you describe can be solved by the Deliver function, in which case the auto-complete period will start from the moment the seller confirms the delivery, and they will definitely not be able to forget it, as it will affect their profitability.

Hi,
I didn’t understand one point about delivery feature.
Seller when send the product marks it as delivered, auto-completion start to count (imagine 5 days), then client need to accept the reception in 5 days correct? If not it will be automatically completed the order correct? We are using booking and marketplace, I don’t know why but I tought theres was some conflict between them.
But on our cenario, we have a Vendor that sells a service, after is done he marks it as sended, in delivery feature, after 5 days if client didn’t complain or mark it as received, order will change automatically to completed, right?
Regards

Hi,

Yes, that’s right, if the delivery feature is enabled, the countdown will start when the seller clicks that they have done everything. Also, please note that with bookings, auto-completion takes place when the booking ends, but with requests, bookings are not related to requests in any way; a booking is created when you pay for the listing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.