How to enable the variable prices

Hello,
I would like the “day booking” option to be linked to a category rather than all categories at present. Is there a code extract for this?
Thank you for your reply.

Hi,

If you mean making daily bookings available for specific categories while keeping nightly bookings for other categories unfortunately there’s no such option at the moment, this would require customizations. It’s possible with time-based bookings though, there’s an option to limit time slots to specific categories in HivePress/Settings/Bookings.

Hello,
I really have a problem: when I activate the option “multiply the price by the number of people”, it affects all the categories.
A booking for a house will be multiplied by the number of people per night, just like a booking for a sporting activity, which should be multiplied by the number of participants. How can we ensure that the price multiplied by the number of people is only multiplied for certain categories? Is there a way around this? Because my site has rentals by the night and by the hour and by person.

Hi,

Unfortunately, there are no category-specific settings for persons yet; it will require custom implementation.

Hello,
Your booking pugin is really lightweight: there’s not much you can do, whereas others allow you to book in low or high season, from a specific day of the week, by night, by day etc… And as soon as I ask for help, you tell me it’s not possible. I’m really sorry I bought this booking plugin, because I can’t really use it, and I don’t know if I can use another booking plugin with your theme.

Thanks for your feedback, we’ll try to improve Bookings with every update. It’s already possible to set variable prices for custom date ranges (e.g. seasons) but switching between daily/nightly/time-based bookings for the same listing is not possible yet. You can enable daily/nightly bookings globally and restrict time-based bookings to specific categories if needed.

Unfortunately there’s no easy way to integrate a third-party booking calendar with HivePress, this would require customizations to integrate all the features into the existing HivePress layouts.

Where can I find the explanation for setting a different price depending on the season: for example high season (from June to August for example) and low season?

1 Like

Hi,

If you have installed and activated the Marketplace and Bookings extension, you can enable the variable prices feature in HivePress > Settings > Bookings for custom date ranges.

Hello,
I’ve installed these 2 options: but by activating them, I can only change the price according to the day of the week, but not according to the day of the year.
For example, I can say that on Monday the price is €10 and on Tuesday €15, but I can’t say that from 1 June to 31 August the price is €15/night.
How can I do this?

Hi,

Most likely, you have enabled Daily Prices, but you must to enable variable pricing in HivePress > Settings > Bookings. Then you will be able to select the dates in the calendar, and a price icon will appear where you can set it; please check this screencast Settings ‹ HivePress ‹ RentalHive — WordPress

I believe this will be useful to you.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. On the other hand, it’s not very practical or intuitive for owners. There’s no message explaining how to do it: is there a code snippet to add an explanation on the calendar page?
Also, is it possible for the calendar tab to be visible when you go to the ad page, without being the owner of the property?
Thank you

Hi,

To add your own text above the calendar in HivePress, go to Templates and refer to this document for guidance How to customize templates - HivePress Help Center. The calendar is only accessible to vendors, while users are only able to view the date picker.

Hello,
It’s not about this calendar. I want to put an explanatory text on the host announcement calendar, not the booking calendar.

Hi,

If it is a vendor calendar, you must go to HivePress > Templates and select Calendar (Vendor\Host). Also, if it is a listing calendar, you must choose Calendar (Listing).

​I hope this is helpful to you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.