How to make Messages listing specific?

Just downloaded the Hivepress Messages plugin. It works really well but I noticed that the chat works on a user to user basis and not a user to listing basis. To explain better, imagine if a seller has 2 listings and a buyer is interested in both, if the buyer messages the seller for both, they show up in the same chat for the seller and the buyer (ideally should be one chat per listing per buyer and seller). Can this be changed to one where the buyers message for each listing goes to the seller as separate chats and the communication can be more listing specific. Possible? I hope I was able to make sense…

Another thing regarding messages: the notification that goes out to the users email when a new message has arrived currently has “WordPress” as the sender. How do I make it so it that my website’s name is displayed as the sender instead of Wordpress?

1. There’s no such feature at the moment, but the listing link is displayed in the message if the message is sent via the listing page (also it’s displayed in the conversation block if the latest message is linked to a listing). Yes, this may cause issues if there’s the same conversation about 2+ listings at the same time, we’ll try to find a solution for this.

2. Please try using this plugin for setting up outgoing emails (like changing the “from” name and email) WP Mail SMTP by WPForms – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.