How to make sub attribute

Hi,

I would like to define 2 attributes as “Make” and “Model” for cars.

The question is how the define Model as a sub-attribute of Make so the options for Model will be displayed according to the chosen Make.

Example:

If Make is BMW , then the Models are only ( iX , iX M60 , i7 , i7 M70 xDrive , i5, etc.)

If Make it Toyota , then the Models are (RAV4, Corolla, Camery, etc.)

Thanks

Hi,

Please check this topic Create two dependent Select attributes

Thanks, but there’s a part I did not get. Will you paraphrase this part:

To display both values, please try this display format: %parent_value% %value%.

Or address it with some sort of visuals, please.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Regards

Hi,

1. You must create a single select attribute with any name in Listings > Attributes as shown in the screenshot Edit Attribute “Сar brands” ‹ RentalHive — WordPress.png - Google Drive

2. Open the Edit Options tab, and create two attributes:

1. In the display option, set this format %parent_value% %value%, as shown in the screenshot Edit Attribute “Сar brands” ‹ RentalHive — WordPress.png - Google Drive

​I hope this is helpful to you.

I really appreciate your help.
My question is how is this display format “%parent_value% %value%” helping. Having it in or out doesn’t make any difference in the display of the listing, though.

Thanks

Hi,

When you add this %parent_value% %value% parameter, you will display the parent and child values of the attribute on the attribute display page, as shown in the screenshot Chalet espectacular en Albacete – RentalHive.png - Google Drive

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.