How to rename general name of ads?

Hi guys,

may someone help me to rename the field of my customized listing hive by changing the fields name from “Einträge” into “Inserate” as marked in the screenshot.

Additionally I would like to minimize the “search bar”, as also seen in the screenshot.

Thanks a lot.
Best regards,
Sebastian

Hi,

1. You can change any static text in HivePress using the Loco Translate Plugin. Please check out this article How to change any static text - HivePress Help Center
  2. What do you mean by “minimize the search bar”? Please explain in more detail. If you mean changing the layout - it will require some CSS tweaks.

Hi serhii,

thanks a lot for supporting me!

Accoring to my inquiries:

1. done
  2. “What do you mean by “minimize the search bar”? Please explain in more detail. If you mean changing the layout - it will require some CSS tweaks” I want to reduce the horizontally size of the search bar which is seen on the starting page (“Schlagwörter”).

Ok, so then let me ask another related question:

How to set / unlimit the number of listings (“Limit überschritten” = Limit exceeded) in the “Freebie” called package, as seen below?

So far I tried to solute it by myself by using the following snipping code (given by this suggestion: Listing limit) by using the plugin “snippets”:

Hi,

You can reduce the search bar by adding it to a column. Please check this part of the video to better understand how to do it (it’s a video about our ExpertHive theme, but you can follow the same steps to reduce the search bar). How to Build and Launch Your Own Influencer Marketing Platform with WordPress - YouTube

Concerning the “Listings Limit” you can simply set an enormous number of maximum listings submissions (e.g., 1000-2000) so no one will probably exceed it.

Hi,

thanks! According to your suggestion I set the number of maximum listing from 1 to 100 per each vendor account but it still doesn’t fit?

As an admin I recently tried to ad a 2nd listing and unfortunately it failed again due to limit has been exceeded.

Please take a loot at the attached files below

Any idea what’s wrong?

Kind regards,
Sebastian

If you changed the settings of your package, then the new listing limit will be applied only to new users who haven’t used a package yet. For example, if you register a new account on your website and try to use the package - there will be updated limits (100 listings)

However, if you want to change the listing submission limit for existing users as well - you need to delete the “old package” and create a new one with new listings submissions limit - in that case, all users will have to choose an updated package (with new limits) when they add a new listing.

Great! Thanks a lot for your support.

Could you assist me by creating a “general” package with unlimited listings for all existing users?

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Hi,

1. Navigate to the WP Dashboard > Listings > Packages section.
  2. Delete the “old” free package.
  3. Create a new Package
  4. Name it (e.g., “Free”) and mention in the description that this package allows users to add an unlimited amount of listings.
  5. In the “Listing Limit” field set 10000
  6. Click on the Publish button

Hi,

thanks a lot for your support!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Could you finally tell me how to change the placeholder picture?

Hi,
Please try using this CSS code snippet

.home .hp-listings .hp-listing__image{
	display: none !important;
}

Hi,

I got this error response

Do not worry

The code snippet you are trying to save produced a fatal error on line 1:
syntax error, unexpected ‘.’, expecting end of file

The previous version of the snippet is unchanged and the rest of this site should function normally as before.

Please use the back button in your browser to return to the previous page and try to fix the code error. If you prefer, you can close this page and discard the changes you just made. No changes will be made to this website.

Hi,

Please go to the WP Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS section and paste the suggested snippet there, as shown on the screenshot Screenshot by Lightshot

Hi serhii,

thx a lot but I am afraid there is a missunderstanding: I’d like to change the placeholder pic (which is actually in the screenshot above, next to the yellow audi, marked with the blue arrow).

After customizing the css all ad pics were deleted, as shown in the Screenshot

Know, what I mean?

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Hi again,

here’s a sample of which picture I would like to integrade

Hi,

Please check out this article Changing the default image for listing without photos

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.