How to Search by Country, State etc

Can someone please explain how my website visitors can search the following:

Example
The listing is in Long Beach, California, United States

I would like that listing to show if someone searches…

1. United States
  2. California, United States
  3. Long Beach, California, United States

I’ve created 2 API keys in Google Maps enabling Places, Maps and Geocoding. Set the 1st Key restrictions .mysite.com/ and the 2nd key to no restrictions. Placed the 2nd Key in the Google Maps Secret Key.

The website is global, not just listing from the USA so I’m unsure if Regions will work.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi,

Please ensure that you correctly set up Google Maps and Geolocation; you can check these tutorials: How to set up Geolocation - HivePress Help Center, How to get a Google Maps API key - HivePress Help Center.

Also, we recommended using MapBox, as it is easier to set up; you can check this doc How to get a Mapbox API key - HivePress Help Center.

Please note that regions are generated only after you create a new listing and location or if you resave your location in an existing listing.

OK… I’m not a programmer but I do know my way around websites etc and this was a bit tricky to get right.

Reading your forum there were alot of people struggling as I did. Could save you time if you did a small video tutorial. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.