How to share the seller details with buyers

Hey Guys,
I’d like to know if there is a simple way to share the seller details with the buyers after booking so that when they arrive to the apartment they can contact the seller.

Just like there is an option to share buyers contact information with the seller.

Thanks

Hi!
Sorry, but it is impossible to share the seller’s details now.
But you can use a workaround by adding this information to the booking note.
You can allow vendors to add booking notes in the HivePress > Settings > Listings (opens only after the booking payment).

Thanks for your reply.
There is a problem with the solution you gave me. The booking note shows up right when you request a booking, before confirmation, so the buyer can get the host’s information before confirming the booking. That’s a big problem.
Also, the booking note is not mandatory and I want it to be mandatory.

The reason why this option is so important, is because my website is for vacation apartments in different countries. When the renter arrives to his rental, he needs to have his host’s contact info so he can be in touch with him. Is there any way to add this feature?

Hi,

We tested it locally and noticed that there’s a bug there (the booking note shouldn’t appear before making a payment). Thanks for letting us know, we added it to our list and will fix it within a week.

Thank you so very much.
While you take care of that can you please also add another 2 features -

1. to change/add to the title description. For example, contact info.
  2. There should be an option to make it mandatory.

Thanks again!

Thanks, we’ll consider adding some option to reveal specific vendor details on booking. If you mean the current booking note field it’s possible to make it mandatory via a code snippet, let me know if this works for you.

Yes, that would work.
Please send me the code snippet and let me know once the bug is fixed.
Is it also possible to change the heading of the booking note via a Code Snippet?

Thank you so very much

Hi,
To make the booking note mandatory try this PHP snippet:

add_filter(
	'hivepress/v1/forms/listing_update',
	function( $form ) {
		if(isset($form['fields']['purchase_note'])){
		  $form['fields']['purchase_note']['required'] = true;
		}

return $form;
	},
);

If you need to change the booking note heading, please follow these instructions to change any static text within HivePress, its themes, or extensions How to change any static text - HivePress Help Center

It worked.

Thanks!
Please update me when the bug is fixed.

1 Like

Is there any update when the bug will be fixed?

Please send more details about the issue, do you mean embedding vendor contact details on the booking page? Users can already via the booked listing page or a vendor profile - if there’s an attribute like Phone it can be viewed, but if you mean making these details private and revealing them when the booking is paid there’s no such feature yet (it’s possible with the booking note only), we have it on the roadmap, though.

As you can see in our conversation,

Please update me as when this will be fixed as we are waiting a while for it and time is of essence.

Thanks for the clarification, we plan to update Bookings next week and this fix will be included.

Hi, is there any update with this??

Sorry, no update yet but it’ll appear in Dashboard/Updates automatically as soon as it’s released, please make sure that you set the license key in settings.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.