How to stop paying out Woocommerce Deposits

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone knows a way to stop woocommerce paying out deposits to me until I say so. I can see I have the option to receive the deposits daily, weekly or monthly but basically, I’d prefer to do this as a manual request. The reason for this is as follows:

I have a Rentalhive page whereby clients use it to advertise their property for rent and I charge a commission for each booking. I have customers booking clients properties nearly a year in advance and they pay for the booking in full. As it stands, I’m due a deposit into my bank for a booking that won’t complete for nearly a year. My client can’t request the payout until the booking is complete so I’ll have the payment sit in my bank until she can do so.

I’d prefer that this wasn’t the case and the money sits in woocommerce until the booking completes. This is more easily managed and my bank won’t accumulate payments or appear bloated from payments I’ll need to payout in 12 months time.

Anyone get any suggestions of how to work around this?

Best regards,
Gavin

Hi,

Please note that we are not familiar with the WooCommerce deposit feature, so I recommend you check their documentation or contact their support. We have our own deposit feature available; for more details, please check these links Security Deposit hold
How to add a security deposit for bookings - HivePress Help Center

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Hi Andrii, my question doesn’t refer to security deposits. I was referring to bank deposits for payment received from a booking.

I thought someone may have encountered the same issue and found a solution that I was missing. Also, as the Rentalhive template is designed and recommended to work with Woocommerce I also thought that this may be a common problem for Rentalhive users.

Best regards,
Gavin

Hi,

If you mean the bank transfer payment method, you just need to disable it in WC > Settings > Payments. Also, please note that HivePress does not have functionality like a bank deposit; it is only a security deposit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.