Incompatible Archive Error when installing the theme

I am reaching out to you because I have encountered a problem while attempting to reinstall my WordPress theme. During the process, I am receiving an error message stating “Archive incompatible.”

Here are the steps I have followed:

Downloading the theme archive from the official source.
Trying to install it through the WordPress dashboard at Appearance > Themes > Add New.

Unfortunately, I am unable to get past this step due to the aforementioned error. Could you please guide me in resolving this issue?

www.karibuking.com

Could you please send me a new file of the latest version of the theme via email for installation purposes?

Hi,

We checked this issue from our side, and it seems okay. Please send temporary WP access to support@hivepress.io with details for reproducing this issue, and we’ll check it (please send only the link, without login and password). You can create a temporary access link using this plugin: Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org.

Hello,

As agreed, I am sending you the temporary link to access my WordPress account:

As I mentioned in my previous messages, I am experiencing an issue when attempting to install a theme on my site. The system indicates that the file is incompatible. With the provided link, you will have access to my WordPress to be able to check and diagnose the problem.

Thank you in advance for your help and I remain at your disposal for any further information.

Best regards,

I am also having this same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Wordpress 6.4.3 issue

Lack of support - no updates in 5 months, Bye…

Have they resolved this issue for you?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. We found an issue, for some reason, the latest version of WordPress 6.4.3 does not want to accept our archive. We will try to fix it in 24 hours and let you know.

I have version 8.0.3.

I finally detected the issue - it’s a recent WordPress bug that prevents installing ZIP files created on Mac https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398 I re-packed the ZIP file via another OS, so if you re-download the theme file via the purchase email you received then it should be installed without any issues.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I was able to solve this by using this little tick.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.