Incorrect review rating in average

I have a host who has 3 listings. 2 of them are having 2 reviews in average of 4.0 (i.e., total 4 reviews in average of 4.0). I just added the first review for the 3rd listing and the rating is 5.0. However, once it’s updated, the average of the host becomes 1.0 instead of 4.2.
Please advise if this is a bug or anything wrong.

Besides, most of the time when a new review is added/approved/rejected, the rating will not be updated immediately. I have no idea how to see the updated review ratings.
I did not use any cache plugin.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try to re-save one of the reviews, i.e., click Unapprove and then Approve again. Also, please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

Hi Andrii, I deactivated all plugins except Hivepress and WooWommerce, clicked Unapprove and Approve to a comment, but it’s not working. One of the listings are not even showing the review rating and the average rating of the host is always 1.0.

Hi,

Please send temporary WP access to support@hivepress.io with details for reproducing this issue, and we’ll check it (please send only the link, without login and password). You can create a temporary access link using this plugin Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org.

Hi,

Most likely, the reason is that some of your hosts have the same user, which is why reviews are displayed based on the user. Please note that if you create a host on the backend, you need to create a user for it first, then everything should be displayed correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.