Increase maximum subcategories

We are creating a navigation with many pages and therefore need many subcategories. However 16 seems to be the maximum number of subcategories (Category > Subcategory). Each of those subcategories has a maximum of 10 subsubcategories (Category > Subcategory >Subsubcategory).

How can this limit be increased?

Hi,

We do not have such restrictions. Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users. If this issue exists, please provide more details (e.g., your actions step by step with screenshots, etc.). This will help us reproduce and resolve the issue faster.

1 Like

Seems to be a problem with adding pages through the customization > header > navigation > add new. After publishing and reloading it worked.

With many navigation points they seem to be cut off at the footer however. I made a new installation demo to show it to you: My Blog – My WordPress Blog (check pages > dropdown > third item)

Hi,

If you do not see all 50 menu items in the header, please note that this is a limitation on the part of WordPress. Also, we do not recommend adding so many items as it affects the UI\UX.

They display, but the navigation is cut off at the footer, probably because the z-index is higher.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.