Is it okay to create hundreds of categories like this?

Hello, I am thinking of creating a real estate website with HivePress, I have a question about categories, I want create a category “Houses for sale”, a child category “California” and another child category “Los Angeles”.

So the url structure will go like this mysite . com/houses-for-sale/california/los-angeles

My question is, is it okay to create hundreds of categories like this? 50 for all states, and maybe 2000 cities? or can that be a problem?

Hi,

Yes, there are no restrictions on our part, so you can create many categories. But please note that you need to properly configure the caching and hosting provider so that the site works correctly and quickly Site loading speed too low. Any tips or tricks to improve loading speed?.

Unfortunately, there’s no such feature, it would require a custom implementation.

ok thank you

Hello Andrii, I forgot that I could create an attribute for “state” and I added options like “California” and I used the slug “homes-for-sale-in-california” and I marked to create a page for the attributes and this works fantastic for my needs.

/state/homes-for-sale-in-california

I was just wondering, if with your SEO extension, I can also create a meta title and description for these attribute pages.

I would like

Meta Title: Homes for Sale in California
Meta Description: some text here

Thank you

Hi,

We mainly have SEO useful for Schema, meta titles, and descriptions for listings and vendors. Instead of this structure, we recommend using regions, please check this doc: How to set up regions - HivePress Help Center

Thank you for the reply Andrii. But I am looking to build something like idealista that makes it easy to navigate the site with click-to-search attributes and pages that are SEO friendly. I think I will look into hiring a programmer for this and see if they can do something like this with HivePress.
https://www.idealista.com/en/venta-viviendas/madrid-provincia/municipios

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.