Is that passible to set up the Stripe payment fee for customers?

Since the marketplace extension has commission rate to choose, I dont really want to charge high commission rate for clients who are going to list their product on my website. However, I need to cover the fees that charged from Stripe, like the 3.9% of each payment, really hurts my business moduel.
Is that possible to add the Stripe payment fee such as 3.9% on credit card when checkout?
thank you

Hi,

We recommend setting a commission for the provider or user to cover these costs.

To take a commission on each sale, please make sure that the Marketplace extension and the WooCommerce plugin are installed and activated.

If you want to take a commission from vendors, please go to HivePress > Settings > Vendors (Hosts) > Selling section. Here you can set:

• Commission Rate - a commission percentage that will be charged on every purchase (e.g., set 10 if you want to charge 10% on each sale).
  • Commission Fee - a fixed commission fee that will be charged on every purchase (e.g., set 2 if you want to charge $2 on each sale).

Also, it’s possible to set a custom commission rate and fee for each vendor. To do that, navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Vendors (Hosts) section and select any vendor. Then set the commission rate & fee in the corresponding fields.

If you want to take a commission from buyers, please go to HivePress > Settings > Users > Buying section. Here you can set:

• Commission Rate - the commission percentage that will be added to every purchase (e.g., set 10 and 10% will be added to the base price).
  • Commission Fee - a fixed commission fee that will be added to every purchase (e.g., set 2 and $2 will be added to the base price).

Now you can take a commission from vendors or buyers or both at once.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

1 Like

Thank you andrii

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.