Is there a way to send money from one host to the balance of another hosts?

Hi! @yevhen and @ihor,

I have a question for you. I am using the gift card extension from woocomerce as a way to encourage users to buy them for their friends and as an incentive to generate users. However, when I buy the gift cards or someone else buy the giffcards, the value is added to my user and is not added to the host that is delivering the service after the user applies the gift card to buy a service from my host, which makes it impossible to request payouts if they only receive users with gift cards.

I wonder if there is a way I can send the original value of the gift card that was used to purchase the service to my hosts so the value is registered in their balance, and then they can request the payout.

I hope it makes sense.

Let me know!

Hi,
Unfortunately there’s no easy way to resolve this because the gift card extension probably stores balance in a different user field, since it’s a separate plugin with its own framework. It may be possible to merge both balances or sync the HivePress Marketplace balance with the gift card one, but this requires code customizations.

The gift card, in general, is integrated into the hivepress balance, so in that sense, there is no problem, the issue is that the money from the transaction goes to me, that created the giftcards, instead of going to the hosts that are delivering the service.

I just wanted to know if there is a way to transfer balance from one host to another. :slight_smile:

Sorry, there’s no easy way to do this because HivePress counts only the amounts of successful orders linked with the host’s bookings, a third-party gift card extension can’t add any amounts to the HivePress balance because it’s specific to the plugin (it’s saved in “hp_balance” meta field, unless the gift card specifically integrated their extension with HivePress, this requires customizations).

Thank you for the clarification :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.