I am using RentalHive theme with the Bookings extension and have encountered an issue with my new or edited listings not generating a hidden WooCommerce product. This has led to a “Something went wrong” error when trying to book or pay for the listing.
After some investigation and trial and error, I realized that this issue was occurring because I had selected a “For Sale” category under “Settings → Listings → Selling.” As a result, all my new or edited listings that weren’t in the “For Sale” category were not generating the hidden WooCommerce product, causing the error message.
I am wondering if this is the intended behavior of the Selling → Categories function, or if this is a limitation or bug? I would like to have listings in the “For Sale” category where our vendors can set pricing tiers, price extras, etc., and all the selling features, while the “For Rent” category listings under bookings should not have these selling functions.
- Install RentalHive theme with the Bookings extension.
- Create a “For Sale” category.
- Create a new or edit an existing listing and file it under a category “For Rent”.
- Set a “For Sale” category under “HivePress-> Settings → Listings → Selling → Categories”
- Attempt to book or pay for a listing that is NOT in the “For Sale” category, such as “For Rent”.
- The hidden WooCommerce product is not generated for new or edited listings that are not in the “For Sale” category.
- The user encounters a “Something went wrong” error when trying to book or pay for the listing.
- The hidden WooCommerce product should be generated for all listings, regardless of their category.
- Users should be able to book or pay for listings without encountering errors.
Please share your thoughts, thanks for the help!