Let users to choose daily/hourly rates

Hi, I would like my users to be able to give to their customers the option to choose between renting a space hourly or daily.
So basically in the booking area, I want the final customer to be able to choose to rent a space for 2 hours or for 4 days. This means allowing the host to put two different options for the user, one for hourly rentals and the other for daily. Is it possible?

If I activate “hourly rentals” in Hivepress options the possibility of renting a place for more than one day disappears on the calendar (so they can just do daily bookings).

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Unfortunately, there’s no such feature, it would require a custom implementation.

If customizations are required for your site, please try customizing it using the collection of code snippets Search · user:hivepress · GitHub and other developer resources, or consider hiring someone for custom work https://fvrr.co/32e7LvY

Ok, that would be a great feature to add tho as it really would make the booking process a very powerful tool.

Anyways is there a way instead of setting a price per hour for a booking and allow users to book for like 1 hour and a half (the price will obviously be automatically adjusted accordingly).

Because time slots are not flexible for bookings, as if the final users want to rent a place for like 1h and 30 minutes and the host sets the booking slot as 1h, the guest will either have to choose 1 h of booking or 2 h. This, again, doesn’t make the booking system (hourly-based) flexible at all.

Thanks for any suggestions

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, we’ll consider adding this feature.

Thank you. Last thing, still about time bookings.
When I activate “Variable Pricing” in Bookings Settings, it just affects daily bookings and not hourly bookings. This means that if the category allows just daily bookings (not hourly based), the price changes according to the day and the price set.
If the category ALSO allows hourly bookings, the setting is still displayed, but if I set different prices for different days of the week and I try to hourly book a space in different days with different prices set, the price actually doesn’t change at all, and it stays as it’s set in the “Price” field instead of being affected by the “Variable Pricing” field.

I hope it’s clear.

I think time-based bookings are fundamental for everything related to means of transport, locations and everything hourly-based, so I think that with these features improved it would be really a great tool. I know you have a lot of features to add, but time-based bookings are really important imo.

Thank you!

Yes, variable pricing feature is not available for time-based bookings yet, but the option should be hidden if there’s a time-based calendar. We’ll try to add variable pricing support for time-based bookings as soon as it’s possible.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.