Limiting number of sent Messages

IS there a way of reducing the number of messages that can be sent within 5 minutes?

Am having issues with spamming. I have users signing up them messaging people spam products. Any way of preventing this? or limiting number of messages a user can send within 5 minutes?

Hi! I’m using the Better Messages chat plugin, on my test website. It have official support for HivePress, if You want to try, disable the HivePress Messages plugin, and install Better Messages from the wordpress add new plugin menu, just search for it (Better Messages – Live Chat for WordPress, BuddyPress, PeepSo, Ultimate Member, BuddyBoss – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org) after you install, go to Wordpress dashboard → Better Messages ->Integrations ->Other plugins, and check HivePress integration: Enable Live Chat for Vendors. This plugin will place a same chat bubble icon under the vendor profile, just like hivepress messages, and can start a chat. But! It have a user blocking feature, so if your user get any spam message, They can block the spammer, just one click. This plugin is highly customizable, and You can customize from the front-end editor too.

1 Like

Hi @Fabricator , thanks for your reply. followed your steps and got this error message when I tried sending a message using suggested plugin

Hey! Sorry I forgot some important step: You need to create a new page from Wordpress dashboard ->Pages ->Add new. add a title for it, for ex.: “Chat” click on the + icon in the editor, and search for “shortcode”, click on that. Insert this into the shortcode field: [bp-better-messages] after that, click to “publish” to save this new page. Now go to wordpress dashboard->Better messages->General, and in the “Better Messages Location” select the newly created “Chat” page from the scroll-down menu. Finally, scroll down, and click Save Changes

1 Like

@Fabricator Works perfectly now thank you very much :slight_smile:

NP! Have a nice day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.