Listing expiration featured don't work

What do I need to do to get it working again with expiration day?

Hi,

Please provide us with more details. What happened? Have you installed any plugins / used any code snippets? What exactly do you want to achieve.

No plugins and no snippets. A few months ago the featured listings expiration stopped working. On the site, the ad was scheduled to be highlighted for a week and on the expiry date, the ad went out of focus. But it stopped working and on the expiration date it still shows up. I knew something about the cron, but I can’t tell you more because I’ve only recently learned about the site.

Tomorrow it still will be

featured

Hi,

Please try disabling and re-enabling the HivePress plugin, and check if the problem persists. Also, please check Scheduled Actions in WP Dashboard > Tools to see if failed actions are displayed there.

Scheduled actions are not in in WP Dashboard > Tools (there is nothing there) , are in woocommerce. I’ve tried disabling and activating hivepress but it still doesn’t work

Hi,

Please send temporary WP access to support@hivepress.io with details for reproducing this issue, and we’ll check it (please send only the link, without login and password). You can create a temporary access link using this plugin Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org.

Hi,

Please ensure that a request was published after you set up the Expiration Period setting for requests in HivePress/Settings/Requests. Please change the Expiration Period setting to 1 day and add the test request if possible. On the next day, this request should be automatically deleted.

If the issue persists then please contact your hosting provider and ask them to check if WP Cron works correctly on your server

1 Like

Ok thank you, yesterday i sent you a temporary WP access to [support@hivepress.io] so you can check

I did everything and checked, it doesn’t work. Wp cron works fine on my hosting provider. I don’t know what to do anymore, if you can check through the temporary access link I sent you. Thank you

Thank you for the temporary access. We will check this issue as soon as possible and we will contact you by email.

ok thank you

News?
I called my hosting provider and they tell me that cron works perfectly and that the problem is probably caused by the plugin

Thank you for waiting. We have contacted you by email.

I’ve done everything you told me, so there’s no way to solve it

We have emailed you with a new suggestion to solve this issue.

HI - I also have the same issue.

I do not explicitly set the Date Expired, instead I have a snippet as below to set the expiry date programmatically using the custom attribute:

add_action('hivepress/v1/models/listing/update', 'custom_update_expiration_date', 10, 2);

function custom_update_expiration_date($listing_id){
	    remove_action( 'hivepress/v1/models/listing/update', 'custom_update_expiration_date', 10, 2 );
	    $listing = \HivePress\Models\Listing::query()->get_by_id($listing_id);

if(!$listing){
		    return;
	    }

$end_time = $listing->get_departure();

if(!$end_time){
	    	return;
	    }

$listing->set_expired_time(strtotime($end_time))->save_expired_time();
    }

I am not using any subscription and would like my listing to get expire and move to unpublished after the expiry date is hit.

Can you please advise how this can be done?

As a possible solution, please try to re-activate the HivePress plugin then the functionality for checking expired listings should be refreshed. It is possible to check if it was refreshed in Tools/Scheduled Actions by searching with /hourly. If the hourly scheduled action has Pending status in the list of scheduled actions, then the hourly scheduled action was refreshed.

If the issue persists, please send temporary WP access to support@hivepress.io with details for reproducing this issue, and we’ll check it. You can create a temporary access link using this plugin: Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.