Location based results not showing (Regions not generated)

I have a classified website where people can post their items. But when a user searches by location or city, it displays the entire category. For example:

The user searches for a car in Metz, France. The search result he gets is that of all the listed cars available on the site.

P.S I use google maps API

Hi,

Please make sure you set up everything correctly: How to set up regions - HivePress Help Center

Please also note that regions only include listings created after the creation of the new API. So, if you have enabled this feature after adding a listing location, you need to update your listing (i.e., change the current location to any other location, then change it back) and save the changes, and then the regions will work correctly.

Hope it helps.

Hi, I am doing the same but it looks like the functionality doesn’t work. No regions are created even after changing the location or adding new listings.

Hi,

Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any). If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users, and refresh the permalink structure in Settings/Permalinks (choose any structure with %postname% if the default one is selected).

Please check this doc on setting up Geolocation: How to set up Geolocation - HivePress Help Center

Additionally, you may consider using Mapbox instead of Google Maps.

Hope it helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.