Login via Google redirect not working

Hi there! Loving the Hivepress products so far. I setup social logins as described (redirect url in google, auth token, ID, secret key, …), and accounts are being created correctly. Where it fails is after a user e.g. signed in with google and it tries to redirect to make the booking with the listing number in the url parameter. We get a Wordpress error page saying “Something went wrong.” What could be the cause of this issue? If then I go back to the homepage, I am indeed logged in with the new account and can manually re-start and do the booking.

PS: How do clients using sign up with google know their account passwords?

Thanks guys!

Best,
Mario

Thanks, I’m glad it’s useful!

If possible send a link to your site at support@hivepress.io and we’ll test this. Does this issue occur with registration during the booking process only, or every time?

Currently passwords are generated automatically and users can reset them if needed (if they decide to use passwords instead of social login) but we plan to improve this (adding an extra step to the social registration).

I sent an email with a screen recording. I’m only not sharing it here because it contains my email address and google account.

Additional suggestion:
From a user’s perspective wanting to delete their account (they are asked for their password which they never created when using social login), they see the option to change the password right above that, but no link to reset it. May I suggest to add that there for this scenario? Would a snippet solve this for now?

Hi,

Yes, we are aware of this bug that the password is generated automatically when a user signs up through Social Login, we plan to fix it in the next updates. As a workaround and temporary solution, you can log out of your account and change your password using the Forgot Password feature.

I have this same issue. Had to turn google login off because after a user e.g. signed in with google and it tries to redirect to make the booking with the listing number in the url parameter. We get a Wordpress error page saying “Something went wrong.”

I worked with a developer on upwork to adjust hivepress to our needs. He figured out an issue within the extension and fixed it for us, for now. The social login plugin is not encoding the redirect url properly. Its only redirecting to the listing_id and removing the dates part of the url. Without the dates part it creates the error message. He updated their code directly to fix this.

Could you share what this fix is? Or could @andrii or @ihor share what the fix would be on a code snippet?

Hi,

Please share more details, as it may help speed up the fix. So the problem was that the GET parameters were cut off after the redirect? Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.