Manual location

Does the theme offer the option to manually place cities?

Using the Geolocation extension will fetch the location data automatically via the map provider you choose and set up (e.g., Google Maps or Mapbox). You can also enable Regions in settings How to set up Geolocation - HivePress Help Center
This way, you don’t have to manage the locations manually; e.g., if you enable Regions and save a location for a listing, the city region will be added automatically.

Thank you for the quick answer. I believe I was not clear. In fact I want to limit my performance to 3 cities. And I would like that at the time of inserting the ad, the person puts the city. I would like to have geolocation only in restaurants, is it possible?

Thanks for the details. If you don’t need the radius-based location search, displaying maps, etc., then the Geolocation extension may not be required. You can add a custom Select attribute in Listings > Attributes, assign it to the Restaurants category and add three cities as the attribute options.

I’d recommend using Geolocation because it displays maps and shows the address in the listing. Also, it allows searching for the nearest listings and sorting them by distance. If you decide to use Geolocation, you can restrict it to a specific category with this code snippet Restrict the location field to specific listing categories #hivepress #geolocation · GitHub

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.