Membership Restrict message, reviews & offers not working

Hello

We are facing a weird problem, I have created a membership plan and unticked the following:

• Allow sending messages
  • Allow submitting reviews
  • Allow making offers

However the user assigned with this package can still do all of the above they are not restricted.

In the hivepress settings > Membership it is set to AllUsers, otherwise the option does not show up on the package page.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Hi! If you tested it as admin, it will not restrict you, to do anything. But check this: you have a woocommerce product is created, and connected to your package. You have a payment gateway selected (test or live). You need to select pages, vendors, or other pages, (what you want to be avaiable if the user bought a package) from the membership plugin menu. If that is live (with real users and accounts) try to flush your cache plugin, or server cache, especially CDN cache (if you have), and try again.
P.S.: This is not an official comment, I am just a user.

1 Like

Hello Fabricator

I have done all the above, I have confirmed I am not using the admin account I am using a test client account and purchased the package as per the normal process, but the client account can still send messages even though they are supposed to be restricted.

I have found the issue, I initially created the package with those options enabled, purchased it and then removed the options, apparently once you have bought the package it will use the settings that were set at the time of purchase.

So removing that membership and assigning the new one with the new restrictions is now working.

Hi! I’ve tested it on my own website. I created a membership package for 30 days, uncheck allow send message, after that, I logged in as a test user and tried to send a message, not allowed for me… If I changed the package settings, check allow send message, It not allowed me to send message, until I deleted my purchased package, and bought again. So it working for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.