Messages conversion journey

Hello!

I wanted to ask about the message ability.

If someone contacts a vendor from a vendor list (for the sake of my site, a game developer) through the message then how does that turn into a job? The vendor has their hourly rate so what is the purpose of that if they talk about work via messages and it doesnt turn into a conversion? Aside from listings of course, im looking from a perspective that someone was looking for a skilled specific person rather than the services listed.

Asking because I might be doing it wrong or not understanding the setup, thank you for a great theme team! Gamedevsguild.com

Hi,

This process depends on the policies and conditions of your website. You can do this with the Requests extension by enabling the Allow sending personal requests feature in HivePress > Settings > Requests, then after discussion, the customer can send a personal request to the vendor. Additionally, you can restrict notifications to buyers in HivePress > Settings > Orders, so the only way to communicate with a vendor is to send a personalized offer and pay for it, then get in touch.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

1 Like

Ah this was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

I had a look at the messages section, is it possible to remove that from vendors as I would rather that they just submit requests and communicate further in the request than messages

Hi,

Yes, you can remove the Messages button from the page, but it will require CSS tweaks. Please use this sample:

.hp-template--vendor-view-page .hp-vendor__action--message {
	display:none;
}

Please note that it can require further customization.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

Thank you Andrii :slight_smile:
Where do I add this sample? Somewhere in the Hivepress theme or in the Theme Editor?
Or Appearance > Customise?

Hi,

Please check this doc How to add custom code snippets - HivePress Help Center

1 Like

Very helpful thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.