Messages delayed appearing for admin

Describe the issue in as much detail as possible. Please remove the sections below if the issue is obvious enough and doesn’t require extra details.

Steps to reproduce

Login with any account. Send a message to a vendor from their listing. Log in as admin, go to messages.

Actual result

Sometimes the message appears for the admin, and sometimes it doesn’t. It will appear sometime later. There appears to be some caching functionality within the messaging plugin that affects admin ability to view the messages instantly.

Expected result

Messages sent between users should be visible to admins at the same time as users.

Extra details

Here is a screen shot from the admin page that shows all the messages. The latest ones are from yesterday.

and here is another screenshot when signed in as a vendor. it shows a message was sent today. That message does not appear on the admin dashboard

1 Like

Hi there. I also experienced this delay in messages.

I sent a message on the frontend from the admin profile to a dummy profile. Messages stared appearing again.

Quick question. Please could you share how you placed the search bar in your menu. I would like to add the search bar to my mobile menu.

Thank you

Hi, we moved the search bar with custom code

Hi,

By default, the message cache for users is updated when messages are created, updated, or deleted. Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.