More information at listing page

I want to add more information in the ‘create a listing’ page. So it is more clear what each field is ment for. Do you know what is the best way for this? If i change the text through loco translate it will be edited through the entire website. A popup would be the best but i suppose that is a lot of work.
Something like a text under the specific field would be nice.

Hi,

If you want to add details about your " listings attributes" in the listing submission form, then you can describe each attribute when adding one (there’s a description field).

Also, you can add description to the listing submission form using this PHP code snippet Add description to the listing submission form #hivepress #listings · GitHub

That seems to do the trick, thankyou.
Most of the listing attributes are not shown in the attributes window in the back end from WordPress.
Can i find those somewhere else? Or how do i find the field name of those options so i can add the description throught he PHP code snippet you sent me?

Hi,

Sorry, but what do you mean by that? You can find all your attributes in the Listings > Attributes section. There you can customize each attribute manually and add descriptions.

Some attributes are standard for example, Title, Pictures, Categories. And i do not see these under attributes so i wonder how i can edit those that are not listed under attributes.

Hi,

Yes, these are the built-in fields. If you want to customize their labels, you can do that with the Loco Translate plugin How to change any static text - HivePress Help Center

To add custom text (description) to these fields, please use this PHP code snippet:

<?php
add_filter(
	'hivepress/v1/forms/listing_update',
	function( $form ) {
		if(isset($form['fields']['images'])){
		  $form['fields']['images']['description'] = 'custom text here';
		}

return $form;
	},
);

Similarly, add custom text to ‘title’ and ‘description’ fields

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.