My geolocation via Google maps is not working

I have followed all instructions on how to setup my geolocation using Google maps, however no map is displayed and I guess that’s why my filter by location is also not working.

Steps to reproduce

I have selected Google maps in my Geolocation settings, I have added my Google maps API key in the Integrations settings, and I have also enabled 3 additional APIs: Maps JavaScript API, Geocoding API and Places API. However no map is ever displayed and my geolocation is not working.

Actual result

No map is displayed

Expected result

I expect to see the map

Hi,

Please make sure you set up the Geolocation extension correctly, you can check this doc How to set up Geolocation - HivePress Help Center. Also, if you can’t set up Google Maps, we recommend trying MapBox, as it’s easier to set up.

I believe this will be useful to you.

I have followed very carefully the instructions How to get a Google Maps API key - HivePress Help Center before asking for your support, and the setup is done as explained there.
I will try with Mapbox settings, which by the way are very similar to Google ones.

I see other users complaining about Google maps as well and trying with Mapbox instead, perhaps there is some problem there.

Is it possible that I give you temporary admin rights for you to look at it? Or your support doesn’t work that way>?

Hi,

Please note that we can only provide general recommendations on our part. But as I can see from your screenshot, the Secret Key field in the Google Maps section is not filled in. I recommend that you read the documentation in more detail to configure Google Maps correctly.

Thank you!
I haven’t enabled Regions, that’s why I didn’t bother to add the secret key, since instructions say it is needed IF Regions is enabled.
Thanks again! I’ll add the secret key and I hope it works!

1 Like

My site had Google Maps working correctly with Hivepress for the last few years, but it has stopped working. I have regenerated all the API keys but am getting the same error.

Hi,

Please provide us with a screenshot of your error, so we can help you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.