On the listings page not all categories are displayed

I think I have found some bugs :grinning::

1. Adding default search fields in the settings removes all content on the listings page.
  2. On the listings page not all categories are displayed (there seems to be a limit of categories displayed)
  3. Icons set for attributes don’t display
    4.1 Categories and Attributes don’t show in correct order on Listing page:
    -Sub categories and Parent categories mix and appear in alphabetical order,
    -Sub attributes and Parent attributes mix and appear in alphabetical order.
    4.2 Also the display of subcategories and parent categories in the listing is the same (all displayed with a comma) not structured like in the filter options.

Is there a way to fix them? :smiley:

Hi,

Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

If this issue persists, please send more details that may help to detect or reproduce this issue (e.g. a link to your site, screenshots, a list of installed plugins, or the error message you get).

Hi,

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce the problem on our side.

Please try re-installing your theme and demo content (if you are using a domain, I recommend trying another one).

If this issue persists, please send more details that may help to detect or reproduce this issue (e.g., a link to your site, screenshots, a list of installed plugins, or the error message you get).

I reinstalled the theme without plugins or settings, with the demo content.
Then i added several parent and sub categories, and also an attribute with several parent and sub options. For the attribute i selected an the address book icon.
Here are the images of this bug demo:
Bug 2, 3, 4.1, 4.2

Bug 1 (in this version the categories disappear but the listings page stays unlike in my modified installation)
categories

Hope this helps to replicate the issue. :smiley:

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion.

1. If categories are specified in Default Fields, they are displayed in the search bar. But if you delete them, they will be displayed in the filter.

2. There is no limit for categories, you need to select a category with subcategories and click and filter, then the subcategories of that category will be displayed.

3. Please make sure you set up the display format correctly, as shown in the screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iG3lL24BRhZIvAOh0IaCjeCtW-29-cyY/view?usp=sharing

4. (4.1., 4.2.) You can change the display order by specifying the order in the settings. For categories, in WordPress Dashboard > Listings > Categories. Also, for attributes, in WordPress Dashboard > Listings > Attributes.
    Could you please provide more details? What do you mean by comma-separated categories? The screenshot shows that you have added a test1 attribute and a value.

On the demo version, everything should be like this; the content is reset every 6 hours.

1. and 3. were solved thank you.
  2. I created 3 parent categories (Parentcategory1, Parentcategory2, ParentcategoryC) but only Parentcategory 1 is displayed (you can see them in the listing details but not in the categories list).
  3. I changed the order details of the parent and sub categories and attribute options but they all show up alphabetically in the listing details, with subcategories and parent categories mixed as you can see in the first image. (Changing the order would also be very hard to do if there is not parent and sub category structure in the listing details)

Every 6 hours smart :smiley:

Hi,

1. This is how it should work by default. Vendors cannot select parent categories, but only administrators. If categories are specified in Default Fields, they are displayed in the search bar. But if you delete them, they will be displayed in the filter (to display simultaneously in the search, and the filter will require a custom implementation).

2. Thanks for reporting this, the bug is confirmed, and we’ll fix it as soon as possible.

1. I created all the same as an administrator (Parentcategory1, Parentcategory2, ParentcategoryC) but only Parentcategory 1 is displayed in the Category list on the left side, please check my image.

2. glad to hear it! :smiley:
    Would be amazing if u can make it use the full width of the listing and maybe organize it like

parentcategory1: subcategory1.1, subcategory 1.2

parentcategory2: subcategory 2.1, subcategory 2.2

Hi,

This category should be displayed on the left, and if you search by parent category, the first level of the child category should already appear.

If I have misunderstood you, please provide more detailed information on what you mean, and I will try to help you.

Hello,
Please check my image, i created 3 parent categories and several subcategories for each parent category. But on the left side only parentcategory1 is showing up. This is a bug because Parentcategory2, ParentcategoryC are identical to parentcategory1 but don’t show up in the list of categories.
https://community.hivepress.io/uploads/default/original/2X/4/44c3c0ee3dfb84d29e3b447d34961e18f2f1f7dc.jpeg

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion.

If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.
Also, if these categories are empty (there are no listings for them), they will not be displayed in the filter.

​I hope this is helpful to you.

This was on a clear installation without any plugins. As you can see in the image the listing is in all these categories so they are not empty. It is a bug of the theme i think.

This is most likely a caching issue, we cache category lists to avoid extra database queries. Please let me know if re-saving the category that’s hidden resolves the issue.

Hello Ihor :smiley:
I did some tests, to update like you said works and they appear. I created a few new ones and some appeared some did not (before pressing update), categories without any listings in them also appeared like the ones with listings. It was all on a clean installation i made for testing no nginx or plugin caching.

I also had a suggestion about the confirmed bug 4.1/4.2.
-Can you please make the attributes (page secondary) use the full width of the listing? (when you put many the listing gets very long)

-And I think it would make more sense if the attributes were ordered like this for better readability (with many attributes it is hard to read):

Attribute category:

attributeparentoption1: attributechildoption1.1, attributechildoption1.2, attributechildoption1.3, attributechildoption1.4

attributeparentoption2: attributechildoption2.1, attributechildoption2.2, attributechildoption2.3, attributechildoption2.4

attributeparentoption3: attributechildoption3.1, attributechildoption3.2, attributechildoption2.3, attributechildoption2.4

:smile:

Also if there is several layers of attributeparentoptions (i noticed it becomes very chaotic when there is many layers of categories and many options) i think would make sense to make it like this:

Attribute category:
attributeparentoption1 > attributeparentoption1.1 > attributeparentoption1.2: attributechildoption1.1, attributechildoption1.2, attributechildoption1.3, attributechildoption1.4

attributeparentoption2 > attributeparentoption2.1 > attributeparentoption2.2: attributechildoption2.1, attributechildoption2.2, attributechildoption2.3, attributechildoption2.4

attributeparentoption3 > attributeparentoption3.1 > attributeparentoption3.2: attributechildoption3.1, attributechildoption3.2, attributechildoption2.3, attributechildoption2.4

Thanks for the detailed feedback, we’ll try to improve the attribute UX, e.g. we plan to add attribute groups and custom layouts.

thank you sound great!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.