OpenStreetMaps (LeafletJS) integration

Hello
is it possible to integrate a free alternative to Google maps in your plugin?
If yes, is it possible to import a csv with the latitude, longitude.
I’m looking to integrate it automatically in the listing
THANKS

There’s no LeafletJS integration at the moment, but I highly recommend using Mapbox, it has a pretty high free limit enough for websites with average traffic.

2 Likes

I too would much rather use a free option than MapBox or Google, which both require credit card/billing details in order to sign up/use… yes, the free level might be generous, but I assume that all it would take to go over it is to have a lot of bot activity… so until a free option is added I will probably disable the maps - please add option to use a free maps service such as LeafjetJS or OpenStreetMaps API

(PS: Sorry, I didn’t see this post until after I’d already made a feature request post for OpenStreetMaps API)

5 Likes

We use Mapbox for all the theme demos and it didn’t require billing details - I highly recommend using it until another map provider is available in HivePress. We will consider adding Leaflet in any case.

1 Like

ok i installed mapbox but it doesn’t work.
I copied the Default public token in the dashbord of your plugin and i don’t see google maps visible.
I have a error message

Google Maps cannot be loaded correctly on this page.
Do you own this website?

If you decide to use Mapbox and set its API key, please select it as a map provider instead of Google Maps in HivePress/Settings/Geolocation.

1 Like

ok thanks, it work

1 Like

My mapbox is working but no mean to use it because with plenty of settings it makes site’s speed to almost 70% slower. My country is bigger so can’t make attributes because it will look cheaper else it’s better than mapbox

Thanks, we’ll try to resolve the performance issues related to Mapbox in the next Geolocation update, e.g. by loading all their scripts and styles asynchronously.

Thanks a lot sir

1 Like

hey guys any chance of getting a free implementation (openstreetmap api).
I love the plugin but I really dislike the fact, that Mapbox and Google both force you to insert credit card information!

can’t thank you enough for this awesome plugin.ListingHive is awesome !
Thx so much!

1 Like

This feature has a low priority at the moment, I recommend using Mapbox - it didn’t require credit card details last time I checked, you can copy the API key right after signing up (we use Mapbox on all the theme demos). They also have a much higher free limit than Google Maps.

Today I tried to get the API key in Mapbox. I can’t do it without a credit card! What about free maps services such as Leaflet JS or Open Street Maps API?

Yes, it seems that they started to require a card to sign up, there was no such requirement previously (we’re using Mapbox for the theme demos). Currently there are no other map integrations, but I recommend Mapbox anyway, they have lower prices than Google Maps and much higher free limit, if you don’t get high traffic yet then maps will be free. You can also check if they have any options to cap the usage and avoid accidental charges.

I am here to add my request for a free alternative like open street
appreciate your effort to add it as maps are very important feature on our websites

1 Like