Paid Listing; Specific ads on free only listing > Entry Input User

Couple things… getting used to tweaking as I need but there are a couple things I can’t figure out.

1. When a user submits a free ad, how can an ad be shown specifically for that page?

2. When a lister would like to upload some details with the text-area entry box, how can it be like this form with the bold, italicize with limited options?

Would that be an upgrade to hivepress?

Thanks

1 Like
  1. You can create different packages and make them category-specific, e.g., you can add a Free package and attribute it to a certain category

2. Try using this snippet to Enable rich text (HTML) editor for the listing description #hivepress #listings · GitHub

Editor set, thanks!

As for the packages and attributes I have those setup but I need to edit the template to allow only certain listings to host an ad. I can’t see how from the basic admin functions

If you mean restricting some categories from adding listings via the front-end, there are 2 ways to do this:

• Moderate listings manually, and reject listings submitted to restricted categories

• Use Paid Listings extension to restrict specific categories with listing packages

Any other way would probably require code customizations.

Ok. I can’t quite figure out how to get it from the front end so trying to edit the view file. Possibly in this form but most likely not, I’m not efficient at php anymore nor wordpress

This is a file that defines the single listing page template, if you want to edit it you can do so by adding custom widgets to its sidebar in Appearance/Widgets, override this template completely in HivePress/Templates, or add custom code snippets to override specific parts or add new parts Customizing Templates I HivePress Developer Docs - YouTube

Got to the point I can manage an ad in the listing below the image using an attribute. Everything is fine with the exception of the size of the ad in a browser. The responsive ad appears to think the space is to small to only the small ad is displayed when the browser is full screen, when I shrink the browser it jumps to fill and gets smaller as you shrink the browser. I have tried number css tricks but nothing is helping to keep the structure or responsiveness. Any tricks let me know…

Please send a link to your site (or the demo site if this issue can be reproduced there) and let me know which screen width to check, if there’s a bug we’ll fix it.

Not sure if this is something unusual or expected. The text area has the rich text editor on the initial page load, but when Category is selected the text editor resorts to the basic. I’ve looked, just not finding a solution

This seems to be a bug, we introduced the auto-refreshing form not so long ago and it seems that the JS scripts for this editor are loaded initially, but not after the refresh so the editor may be broken after the category is switched.

Ok. Possible to not use a filter and make it part of the form then?

I actually like the select category snippet I found better but how can I grey out the category so the submitter can’t change it?

If you mean to disable the possibility to change the category after the vendor has selected it then, unfortunately, there’s no simple code snippet for this, it would require a custom implementation. If customizations beyond the available features are required for your site, please consider hiring someone for custom work https://fvrr.co/32e7LvY

@we_user did you manage to create and display a good ad? I also would like to know how you did this. Is it possible to share the code? Maybe I could also help figuring out the css if that is still a problem. Thanks!

I created an ad attribute and placed in the script from adsense, I check the box upon approving the listing

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.