Paid listings package product

After setting up paid listings package (with woocommerce) in:

WP dashboard → HivePress Listings → Packages

We need to connect woocommerce product (If we want to charge the money for it).

The problem is, that the woocommerce product is visible in all products link, which is stupid because it is used only as a “temporary” payout feature for the HivePress package; buying this product itself is useless as it does not give any real benefits (other than listing possibility after checking out listing form – not buying it seperatly).

My workaround was to hide the display fields in:

WP dashboard → Woocommerce Products → Select Product (connected to package)
→ Set Visibility to hidden

Changing any other status (Public → Private or Published → Draft) bugged out the “select package” page after completing listing form.

It is much better now as it cannot be accessed by all products link, but it is still visible in the front-end when typing

www.website.com/product/{woocommerce product name; used by hivepress}

And also choosing it after listing form and leaving, abandoned cart still has it;

www.website.com/cart

Its not a huge issue, just a bit perplexity having all those “ghost links” (you cannot access them via button, but can be entered into by link; is very easy to see all the links in given website)

Your opinion?

Hi,

Yes, if you use a public shop page from WooCommerce on your site, or you want to use a direct link, but do not want the linked product to be displayed to the package you created, then the official way to change this for the product is to change the catalog visibility to hidden, for this there is an option in WooCommerce. The product will not be on the site, but you will still be able to buy the package.

Hi Andrii,

Yes thats what I did originally, it works fine.
I created this to inform other users, that there are woocommerce-genarated links that sometimes store data (like abandoned cart, for example).

Thanks for answer anyway!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.