Preselected category (with current category value) when i add a listing

hi, i repeat my previous question once again because before 2 days there was a new version (v1.6.4) with new characteristics about category selection.

i want to know if is possible….
a user explore a specific listings, for example category “Cars” listings
a user click the “+Add listing” button on a left upper corner
on a new add listing page the category is preselected with the current category (“Cars”)

is it possible?

I don’t want for a user to select a category but the category must be preselected based on a current category.

Hi,
There’s no such feature available by default, but it’s possible with customizations, if you’re familiar with customizations I hope this guidance helps:

1. You can override the Add Listing button template part via a child theme, adding category ID to the button URL.
  2. Then you can add a custom function that filters the listing form and pre-selects the category based on the URL parameter.
  3. This may require extra debugging because the listing submission process has multiple steps.
1 Like

thanks but i can’t do the customizations myself.
Maybe you can describe it analytically or add this feature (as an option) to a newer version.

Sorry, there’s no simple code snippet for this, but we’ll consider adding this option.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.