Price changes to excluding VAT when selecting date for booking

I have the same problem as defined here: Price change on date picker / Woocommerce VAT? But for me it’s not an option to disable the calculation of taxes.

The problem is the following:

• In the settings I stated that the prices in Woocommerce are including VAT.
  • I have enabled the setting to calculate taxes in Woocommerce and set a common VAT tariff.
  • When I select a booking date in a listing, the price jumps from including VAT towards excluding VAT. Which confuses customers. Only after adding the address in the checkout, the price including VAT is presented.
  • I used to have this problem before and used the code from WooCommerce: same price regardless of taxes · Florian Brinkmann But it doesn’t work for this use case:
add_filter( 'woocommerce_adjust_non_base_location_prices', '__return_false' );

Do you guys know a way to fix this?

Please let me know if this issue persists on the checkout page too, or on the listing page only? HivePress doesn’t affect the checkout page calculations so this may be a WooCommerce-level issue.

I had in woocommerce changed the setting to calculate tax based on the shop’s address. And then tested it by booking a listing. And the only moment the price is changed, is on the listing page. On the confirmation page and the checkout page the prices are correctly portrayed with the VAT included.

Then I tested it with woocommerce basing VAT on customer’s address and using the code add_filter( 'woocommerce_adjust_non_base_location_prices', '__return_false' ); and woocommerce displays prices properly no matter the address but the listing page keeps showing the prices excluding VAT when selecting a date.

So in both cases it doesn’t seem a WooCommerce-level issue.

Hope this helps. If you need more information, please let me know.

Hi,

In our version, the price on the listing page is displayed without taxes; all detailed information is displayed on the checkout page.

Hi Andrii,

Do you mean, that on the listing page, it does not give detailed information, and just one price? Or that it displays the price excluding VAT?

In my case, it displays the price including VAT (e.g., 25 EUR) on the listing page until you select a date. After selecting a date, it displays the price excluding the VAT (e.g., 20,66 EUR). When you proceed with the booking, the confirmation page and checkout page all correctly present the price including VAT (e.g., 25 EUR). This all started, after I entered the standard VAT percentage (21%) in Woocommerce.

I can delete the VAT percentage from the woocommerce, but this is not a long term solution and my bookkeeper wouldn’t like it either.

Hi,

Yes, that’s right, only the listing amount is displayed on the listing page. You can view detailed information at the checkout page.

I know. Perhaps my communication hasn’t been clear. But you know this is not what my issue has been about right?

I don’t need detailed price information on the listing page. I only need the correct listing amount to stay the same when a date is selected on the listing page.

I share the same concern. It’s not ideal for the price to change when clicking on the date, whether it’s inclusive of tax or exclusive of tax. While it might be dependent on WooCommerce, in WooCommerce, the price display doesn’t change like that. If it absolutely needs to change, I believe supplementary messages such as “exclusive of tax” or “inclusive of tax” will be necessary in the interface.

Hi,

Unfortunately, this option is not available in this version; it displays the price without fees and taxes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.