Profile Info Position, Make it Biography on Vendor Page

Hello there,

I am trying to increase the importance of the profile info text, make it more like a Biography, so experts can link better their services to personal history.

Title: Biography (I would translate the "Profile Info) with loco to make it Biography, so no edit necessary by vendor).
Text: This field already exists, is the profile info text. I would make it no limit, possible to include links just like listings.

Basically under or above the Ads on Vendor Page to make it simple since tabs would require customization. Is this possible to add the title and text in any of those postions? Thank you

Please check this tutorial How to customize templates - HivePress Help Center

In this case, it is needed to use the Vendor template to edit this page

Hello @yevhen , I am trying to follow your suggestion and use the templates function, but some vendor style I could not reproduce, dont know why.

For example, Vendor name and image, and secundary atributes, have white background, like in a box. I couldnt find a way to make it like that, to create that vendor box with white background and review and verified in the correct position.

When you add vendor review, it keeps on the most left side of the page, and the verified icon goes to the most right side of the page.

I created a vendor template and published it.
Then I added 2 columns, 1/3 and 2/3 and all the blocks that I will mention were added inside these 2 columns.

Can you help me to understand what are the issues here? 3 points:

1. Review goes to left side of page and verified to the right, I inserted the review in the 33% column on the left, just above the name.
  2. Name, image and secundary attributes are not on a white box, or white background. I would like to make it just like it is on normal style, just changed the profile info text position. Basically It will be similar to the vendor like it shows on search vendors page, without the profile info text.
  3. For the profile info block, I cant create a white background to match the style. How to make the background white for that block that is under “Biografia” and contains the profile info text?

1 . Please make sure that you have correctly put it in the template. It was tested locally and seems to be ok
2,3 . Please try to add a CSS class for the block in the field ADDITIONAL CSS CLASS(ES) in block settings. Then it is possible to add white background with CSS customization. If you are not familiar with CSS customization please consider hiring someone for custom work https://fwd.cx/hLhc73mQCD9R

Hi @yevhen ok, I didnt want to customize, basically I just wanted to make the same as all the template already is.

I believed I could just copy the same style that is used. If not possible, I will hire someone then. Thanks

Please delete the template which you have created and please try to use this PHP snippet. But please note that it can require further customization

add_filter(
	'hivepress/v1/templates/vendor_view_page',
	function( $template ) {
		return hivepress()->helper->merge_trees(
			$template,
			[
				'blocks' => [
					'vendor_summary' => [
						'blocks' => [
							'vendor_description' => [
								'type' => 'content',
							],	
						],
					],

'page_content' => [
						'blocks' => [
							'custom_vendor_description' => [
								'type'   => 'part',
								'path'   => 'vendor/view/page/vendor-description',
								'_order' => 1000,
							],
						],
					],
				],
			]
		);
	},
);
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.