Reveal private buyer information only if vendor accepts booking AND buyer makes payment (both conditions must be true)

If the vendor has their settings set to manually accept bookings, that means buyers have to send requests. How can I show the vendor some specific private buyer info like email, phone number and home address only if they accept the booking AND the buyer makes the payment on the website? If they refuse the booking, I want this private information to be unavailable to them. If they accept the booking, but the buyer does not make the payment, I want the private information to be unavailable to the vendors. The goal here is to show the buyer’s private info to the vendor ONLY when buyers have made a payment on the website.

Thanks for the detailed feedback, we plan these improvements. There’s also a bug with the booking note regarding this, the booking note seems to be revealed before the payment on the booking page.

1 Like

Thanks @ihor
Just to share more detail, it makes no sense that a buyer will send a booking request, vendors sees all the buyer info like email, phone and home address. Then vendor denies booking request. But vendors now has buyer’s phone, email and address and can easily contact vendor off the platform. Also not good for privacy reasons.

The goal here is to show the buyer’s private info to the vendor ONLY when vendor accepts booking AND buyer has made a payment on the website.

Thanks for the details, we’ll try to implement this, probably via the extra flag for booking attributes, like “reveal on confirmation”.

1 Like

This would be great

I think the vender only gets the buyers info only after the buyer makes a payment.
Where do you see that his info gets raveled before that?

Hi @Abe
Not in my case. I made a vendor to “manually accept bookings” and I made a test purchase. The process is for buyers to send a booking request first and then the vendor accepts or denies the booking request. If the vendor accepts, then the buyer makes a payment. In my case, when the buyer sends in a booking request, his info is already available to vendor even before the vendor accepts or denies the request.

I am curious to know how your experience is.

Which info do you mean? By me the only info that gets revealed is the payment info which the buyer enters when he makes the payment.
Can you share a screenshot?

Basically, you as the admin are able to control what buyer info is shown to the vendor when the buyer either makes a purchase or sends a booking request. Admin can do that in the Displays/Areas tab. So basically, you can show vendors some buyer info like phone, email, address when the buyer “makes a purchase” or “sends a booking request”

When buyer “makes a purchase”, great. Buyer info should be shown.

The problem here is when the buyer only “send a booking request”. The buyers info should not be shown or admin should have control over what info should be shown.

For this reason, the suggestion made by @ihor to add an extra flag for booking attributes, like “reveal on confirmation” would be perfect.

Can you share with me more details where admin can set this, besides by Hivepress> settings> orders> Details?
Thanks.

Hi,
Bookings > Attributes > Add New > Display > Areas

Got it. I am just suggesting, if you only need the buyers phone number, email address and home address, this automatically shows up after he makes a payment and he puts in his information there, this only shows up after the payment

Yes that’s a good workaround but it will not exactly work in my case because there are some specific attributes I would like vendors to see before accepting a booking request.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.