Separate Commission % From Total Purchase

Hello,

As I’m yet to launch my website and test this with live transactions, I’m wondering how the commission and total purchase are separate. For example, if a user pays $500 for something through Woocommerce’s PayPal method and I charge a 10% commission, does all $500 go into the PayPal account and I just have to remember that the vendor can withdraw $450 ($500-$50 commission)? If so, this will make it extremely difficult to keep track of and effectively withdraw profits while trying not to over-withdraw and leave vendors unable to request proper payouts.

Thank you,
Andrew

Hi,
Yes, all the initial payments are sent to you via the methods set up in WooCommerce/Settings/Payments. You don’t have to remember the balances for vendors, e.g. if you set a 10% commission and there’s a payment of $100, you get $100 to your PayPal account while the vendor sees $90 on their website balance (once the order is marked as Completed). Then, after the minimum payout amount is reached (you can define it in settings), the vendor can request a payout (via the link under the balance). The payout requests appear in the WordPress/Payouts section as “pending”. You can process payouts depending on your site terms, e.g. some marketplaces process these on the 15th of the following month. Once you make a payout payment manually, mark the request as “published” instead of “pending”.
Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.