Set a minimum duration for time-based bookings

My hosts have inquired about adding the functionality to have an hourly minimum booking duration for their listings. For example, they want their users to be able to have a choice of time slots by hourly duration (3:00 pm - 4:00 pm), but have a required minimum of 2 hours for each booking, so when they request to book they have to choose two different one hour duration time periods (3:00 pm - 4:00 pm AND 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm). This would allow the flexibility of booking in hourly durations, so if the user would like to book for 3 or more hours (3:00 pm - 4:00 pm, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm, and 5:00 - 6:00 pm) that would be possible. Thanks

Thanks for your suggestion, this would definitely improve Bookings. We plan to add more precise options for managing bookings, e.g. the “delay” option between bookings, if some preparation time is required.

2 Likes

Hi @ihor This is extremely important especially for time based marketplaces. Is there an estimated arrival time for this feature?
Please note that the minimum booking in my case for example, must be sequential. This means, if the minimum booking duration has been set to 2 hours, guests must book 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm AND 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm.
Guests should not be able to book 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm.

Thanks. Cheers.

1 Like

We’ll try to include this to the next update. Currently non-sequential time slots can be selected, but they are merged into a continuous time slot range in the confirmation form so this is a temporary UI issue.

1 Like

Hi, Any updates on this? Non of the above have been fixed in the newest update. Thanks

Hi,

There was a core HivePress update, but we plan to update Bookings & Marketplace extensions within a few days.

Hi @ihor Any update on this feature? Patiently waiting on this to launch.

1 Like

Sorry, it’s not available yet but we’ll try to deliver it as soon as possible.

I understand this. Is there an ETA? This feature is crucial for time-based booking categories.

We’ll try to deliver it with the next update, planned for this week.

This would be HUGE

Yes it would definitely be huge if the next bookings update will be this week!

Thank you so much, Ihor!

1 Like

Any updates about this? Just to make sure I didn’t miss it. This would be VERY useful.
Thank you

This feature is not available yet, but we’ll try to deliver it as soon as possible.

also have the same problem, i’d also like to add the “selecting at least 2 hours” for my website. Any update?

Sorry, there’s no such feature yet, but we’ll try to update Bookings soon. If it’s urgent you can also order this feature as a custom work (and optionally share it with others via the Bookings update).

I’ve wrote a custom HTML and JS code to make it work. Now the button is un-clickable until the user choose at least two of the options from the list. You can even change that value to 3 or any other number. Whoever wants the code shoot us a message at dorciaweb.ca

Any updates about this?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Unfortunately, this feature has not been released yet, but we plan to add it in future updates. We are currently working on a public roadmap, so you will be able to see what features will be in the next updates.