Set custom attribute for geolocation

Hi

I have added an attribute with Field Name “location” and I want this to replace the default Location input when making a new listing.
The attribute has Parents and Childs.
But the attribute is not showing in the New listing or in the filters (i have made it Filterable)
The default Location input (I’m using MapBox) is showing, and all other attributs except this one.
Is this a bug?

Hi,

Please disable third-party plugins and customizations (if there are any) and check if this issue persists. If you use a caching plugin, make sure that caching is disabled for logged-in users.

Hi,

thanks for the reply.
I did all that and now the default location input is shown on New listing form, and my custom location attribute is not shown.
Can I give you a temp WP login to check?

Hi,

Please provide more details regarding this issue (e.g., your actions step by step with screenshots, etc.). This will help us to reproduce and resolve the issue faster.

If I deactivate the geolocation plugin, my “location” attribute is shown on the Page secondary

If the geolocation plugin is activated, then instead of my attribute, the default location input which calls the MapBox or GoogleMaps is shown

This is the attribute

Hi rename the field name to another name. The word location is probably reserved and can’t be used there.

If the attribute field names match the built-in fields (e.g. status, title, description) this may cause issues. Hp was going to have a some validation error for this to prevent saving attributes with reserved names.

See if that works. Maybe location is reserved.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.