Setting an expiry date then renewing package

Hi,

I am using Paid Listings. What I would like to do is set an expiry date for the current premium package to be 31 December 2023 (so all packages have expired) and allow users to renew at a discounted rate.

Is this possible ? Please tell me how to achieve this
thanks

Hi,

Unfortunately, packages do not have an expiration feature. This feature is available only for listings that are added via package selection (from the date of publication of the current listing).

​I hope this is helpful to you.

ok thank you. Can you suggest a workaround that I could use?

If I add a second package with a renewal price, the customer has to enter all the details of their profile again, which is something I am trying to avoid.

Or can I set expiry to 1 day, so everyone is expired? I don’t particularly want to disable their listing in the period from now to when they renew.

Any suggestions?

many thanks

Hi,

Please provide more details regarding this issue (e.g., your actions step by step with screenshots, etc.). This will help us to reproduce and resolve the issue faster.

what i am asking is - if I can’t set an actual expiry date, what would happen if I set expiry days to a value of 1, so all existing customers would then be expired.

Would they all get a renewal email? Would their listing stay visible? Could I supply them with a renewal discount code so they can renew at a cheaper price? Can you point me to documentation on renewing packages?

thanks

Hi,

If you need to expire all the listings you have, this is only possible by editing them manually and specifying the date manually. If you change the date globally in Settings or in the package, this change will only apply to new listings.

ok this can be done, we only have a small number of listing 50 or so.

What about my other questions re renewal email etc?

I have set one to expire on 1 Feb 24 as an experiment.

thanks
Sandy

Hi,

1. Yes, if you have set up emails correctly How to set up emails - HivePress Help Center

2. The listing will be in draft status.

3. As for the discount, unfortunately, there is no such function.

4. Unfortunately, there is no documentation, but thanks for the feedback, we will think about adding it. When a vendor presses the Renew button, then they will be automatically redirected to the package selection page, after they pay for everything, the listing will be republished. But, at the moment, there is a bug that the Select Package page is not always displayed, but we plan to fix this bug in the near future Paid Listings Roadmap (01/02/2024) – Asana

thanks for your reply - I nearly have this sorted. The email has been set up and works fine.

just to note that if a coupon is set up in Woocommerce, it can be applied in the checkout so this allows renewing at a reduced price. This has been tested and works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.