Setting up social login

I recently bought the social login extension and after figuring out how it should work (tutorial wasn’t helpful) I know I have to register for different codes from each service.

Question: do these different services (Google, Facebook etc) charge for this feature ?

Thank you

Sorry for the inconvenience, we’ll try to improve the docs.

As far as I know social media platforms don’t charge for this feature, they allow creating OAuth credentials for free.

Thank you. I looked and didn’t see any price info i appreciate the help

to continue with my confusion. I was able to get google configured, the website allows people to register. but once registered using google, the go to add a listing (listinghive) and they go right back to the registration screen like they were never registered/logged in. - any ideas?

This seems like a caching issue, if the user is signed in (and the username link appears instead of Sign In in the top right), this state should remain if another link (e.g. Add Listing) is clicked, if the user is logged out please try disabling third-party plugins and check if this issue persists.

Thanks. I disabled all plugin except listing hive and the error persists. I login using Google it takes me back to the login screen but the i hit add listing and i am logged back in. It’s not consistent. Sometimes i am logged in other times i am prompted to login. I have clear cache on site as well as testing browser.

Please send temporary WP access to support@hivepress.io with details for reproducing this issue and we’ll check it. You can create a temporary access link using this plugin Temporary Login Without Password – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.